Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by lPumpsDadl

Original Post

Re: Freezing and stuttering on XBox

★★★★★ Novice

Hey PumpsDadl, we need a fix for this, could you please go to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/pgk46z/will_we_soon_seen_a_fix_to_the_stuttering/

Upvote and comment so we can get a fix to this asap and the dev team to notice!

Message 701 of 922 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@lPumpsDadl Thank you for the reply! It looks like my original thread was just merged into this single thread, so I hope the issue on XBox One still falls under the same umbrella. I don't play on PC, and my other friends that play on console don't have this stuttering/freezing problem unless they play on XBox One Frown

I will add some traffic to the reddit thread though, nonetheless. Thank you!
Message 702 of 922 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The quickest way to get this to the dev team is to post it to reddit. I made a post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/pgk46z/will_we_soon_seen_a_fix_to_the_stuttering/

go and comment and upvote it for visibility

Message 703 of 922 (979 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Codename_Grandpa I've been sending DMs back and forth with the Respawn Dev twitter account. I would do that. A reddit post is better than nothing, but not direct to the dev team. With millions of users I am very surprised that they respond to me in a few hours each time I send something. They always tell me this is top priority for the performance team. I think season 9-10 use a newer version of the heavily modified old Source Engine. I never understood why Apex was built on that old engine which is for smaller map games like CSGO, Titanfall, etc. They could have at least used Source 2 Engine. I don't know if they are just running into limits of what they can do with the game engine?
Message 704 of 922 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice
@NuclideZ Not familiar with consoles, sorry. What type of hard disk do they use? I'm sure they're all different, PS4, PS5, Xbox versions, etc....

If any of those use spinning disks, the game will suck. Also if any of those have less than 8GB, same thing. I would think they would make the console versions load differently than the PC versions, but as I mentioned, I'm dumb when it comes to consoles since I've never used them.
Message 705 of 922 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Well... after about 3 weeks of playable game performance made the mistake of disturbing this delicate fecal snowflake of a game by updating my video drivers and I went from a tiny bit of CPU headroom to this... 100% 100% of the time in game.

Capture.PNG

Message 706 of 922 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
support should be interested in it and may let the developers know somehow, there are already 71 pages.
Message 707 of 922 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys my stuttering problem is solved!! I reset my entire C drive where windows was installed, and reinstalled windows. I suspected there was a malware because the storage was getting full automatically. After i did the reset, i installed steam and apex was already in the other drive.. i haven't really played it for 2 months after genesis update when my issue started.So it did the verification thingy and i checked if there's any difference.. and it was back to normal!

Message 708 of 922 (601 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Message 709 of 922 (594 Views)

★ Guide
@L4JKAN I talked to the dev in PM.
Message 710 of 922 (934 Views)