Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by lPumpsDadl

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A new patch will arrive soon which is Patch 10.1 the midseason update of S10, hopefully this patch will fix the high CPU utilization Apex is having since the Genesis update (that is the 9.1 Patch) the same midseason update of S9.

So this new patch might actually be their redemption (as if) to us players who's having the issue. The patch will arrive approximately mid-September.

Message 681 of 922 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@lPumpsDadlfor me this is the official answer without not explanation from Respawn after two months.

Only waiting 10-25 minutes in the lobby seems to solve the issue. If these changes on CPU cores, memory usage ... has been a business decision to benefit old gen consoles or it is just incompetence I want to know it.

I believe we need an official communication about the state of this problem.

Message 682 of 922 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Blankbee9capping my fps to 60fps has released memory from CPU when playing maps, still having 100% usage on lobby though. But yeah if ours PC are capable we shouldn't been messing around with settings.

Message 683 of 922 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice

Clearing shader cache didn't resolve my issue of VRAM filling up completely.

I'll wait for the release of windows 11 and do a complete reinstall of my system.

For now I'll just play with textures disabled..

Message 684 of 922 (459 Views)

★ Guide

A dev said they think they figured out the issue and they are gonna fix it asap. I think it will come with the collection event mid spetember. So rejoice bruddahs.

Message 685 of 922 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SpectreFang where is the info about this, share with us if you can
Message 686 of 922 (407 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SpectreFang Hopefully whoever you spoke with is "closer" to the action. I've been sending all my findings to the Respawn Dev by way of twitter DMs. Each time I reach out, they respond, which is good. The last DM was this morning where I asked them how they are doing with the issue and if the 10.1 patch will get anything related to these performance issues. They replied back they are still investigating and this is one of the top priorities. They also said that it probably won't make it into 10.1 because of time. They also mentioned mid-season updates are usually for added content and meta changes that have been worked on for a while.

They literally used "ASAP" in their response, so I do believe they are on it. I'm guessing a lot of other people have sent them issues that are different than what we are dealing with too, so they also work on those. They have about 100 million user count right now, so I'm actually surprised I get a response within a few hours every time I DM them something. Trust me, if they dropped a patch tomorrow I would be ecstatic, but if I had to bet money, it will probably be like a week after the big mid-season patch. I can only imagine trying to code things that will run on 100 million different types of hardware. This is also something they DEFINITELY do not want to screw up and make worse. We would all be mega-pissed.

I asked them to please reach out to me when they make progress. I'll keep pinging them once a week to see what they tell me. Anything I hear I'll try to throw up here.
Message 687 of 922 (399 Views)

★★ Guide

ASAP ....As soon is possible

I see an reply of ...i dont know ho...he say soon...like 3 weeks ago or maybe 1 month ago.

I loose the faith in that

Message 688 of 922 (492 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@lPumpsDadl Wow mate. Thanks for the million follow-ups. You're really helping us out here!
Message 689 of 922 (448 Views)

★ Guide

@X_Whiteflame12_X wrote:
@lPumpsDadlWow mate. Thanks for the million follow-ups. You're really helping us out here!

Yeah, he really is.

Message 690 of 922 (566 Views)