Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by ildeserto

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I believe the only thing we can do to help is to provide more specific data and better descriptions. I propose two options:

1 OPTION : to present info in this way, a list with the problems we encounter divided by sections (Lobby, Arenas, Battle Royale, others) use short sentences.

• LOBBY
    • Game stutters only when switching modes for the first time (selection screen).
    • Game stutters only when map rotates.
    • CPU 100% usage only in lobby and first games.
  • ARENAS:
    • I can play arenas but the 2D UI to select a legend won't appear until the second game of arenas.
    • When playing first game of arenas until the third round, my game stutters, it has high ping, prediction errors, low fps ...
    • After a third round of arenas CPU goes back to 16-20% and GPU has micro spikes which disappear after a while.
    • A second game of arenas will play with some of the above errors.
    • A third game of arenas will not display any error.
    • If map is phase runner and it is first time playing, portal animations won't load (maybe it's correlated to some error in this list).
  • BATTLE ROYALE
    • Similar to arenas but with bigger problems as the map is bigger, it feels like every time the game loads a new asset (3d, 2d, effects..) it stutters.
    • Sometimes ping goes to 500ms due to stuttering.
    • Code net: error, is highly probable on first game when new map is loading.
    • Every map rotation causes the above errors again.

2 OPTION: to use technical software to gather more accurate data and post result is this forum, as the file that I'm attaching.

The program I'm using is System Analyzer by Intel. As an example I've been able to discover that the Pixel Shader starts killing samples after selecting firing range. Always present info with timestamps, game screens or indications about when something is happening as in my example, and don't forget to include your specs. My chart has been already been seen by a Community Manager and has been sent to devs.

Message 481 of 922 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TrueTripleHWhilst your comment maybe a novel idea no matter how specific or more descriptive people are when commenting on these forums,social media etc persistent & problematic issues have been affecting this game for months many which still haven't been fixed & so I wouldn't envisage the options you mention would make much difference tbh.If there is an inability or unwillingness to fix these issues in the game already then better word selection won't make much of a difference.Many of us forum members as well as Youtubers have commented in the past that EA & game devs never tend to respond unless Pro Players & social media commentators are in outrage at aspects of the game.Also there is the small issue that many players may not be as tech savvy like players such as yourself (you kind of lost me at pixel shaders).Gauging by your comments it suggests your a PC player whilst I am a console(s) player & so recording & reporting data,CPU usage which isn't so easy for console players like me.

Message 482 of 922 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RelJ9MIFzOU

Apex Youtuber Omega commenting that EA Help are calling for fellow Apex players to give feedback on their gaming experiences & missing game content by sparing 60 mins & completing a questionnaire.The main question is will they actually listen to peoples issues.Omega also mentions about Seer's nerfing patch due out next week & an outpouring fan support calling for Events to be scrapped in Season 11 wanting the devs to soley focus on fixing all the various issues affecting the game & the firing of a Respawn dev.

Message 483 of 922 (480 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Redmattgame I appreciate your comment. I know how frustrating it is, I believe another option is to get some pro or TTVs to raise awareness of this problem. I've heard Shivfps has been having problems recently.

The biggest problem I see is that devs and pros usually have access to NASA computers which can eat whatever you throw at them, leaving low spec and average computers out in the road. By the way are you playing on Xbox? I have a theory as I have never heard from another console system having the same problems, that maybe this bug is a Microsoft thing.

P.D: A pixel shader is a piece of code that calculates how the pixel should be represented, more saturated, less saturated... it controls the style of the 3d model, more cartoonish, more realistic, more shiny ...

Message 484 of 922 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I fixed the 100% CPU usage by updating windows to 21h1 and getting the cumulative update KB50.... + deleting my EasyAntiCheat folder and repairing the game. But now I get the stuttering problems for the first 2-3 matches. LOL.

Respawn really messed up.

Message 485 of 922 (455 Views)

★★ Guide
@ildeserto relax, if you're playing in Worlds Edge and the rotation brings up KC, your pc will blow up, ahahahahah because mine is doing that at this exact time
Message 486 of 922 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well it looks like that my CPU usage have now transferred to the GPU. 

edit* Nvm CPU still spikes up to 100%

Message 487 of 922 (436 Views)

★★ Guide

@babyblueee wrote:

my game finally fixed the stutter, but not 100% fixed
i use rivatuner statistics to limit my fps to my monitor refresh rate (75hz), i turn off steam smooth scrolling & gpu accelerated rendering, i turn off high precision event timer in device manager/system devices (if u experiencing lag or bug u can turn this back on), i also use this launch option (-dev -preload -high +fps_max 0 -novid -fullscreen -dxlevel95), also all my game settings set in low
its work for me and fixed the stuttering issue

someone tried this? i didn't understand what he did, but this worked to anyone? 

Message 488 of 922 (429 Views)

★★ Pro

@TrueTripleH wrote:

@RedmattgameI appreciate your comment. I know how frustrating it is, I believe another option is to get some pro or TTVs to raise awareness of this problem. I've heard Shivfps has been having problems recently.

The biggest problem I see is that devs and pros usually have access to NASA computers which can eat whatever you throw at them, leaving low spec and average computers out in the road. By the way are you playing on Xbox? I have a theory as I have never heard from another console system having the same problems, that maybe this bug is a Microsoft thing.

P.D: A pixel shader is a piece of code that calculates how the pixel should be represented, more saturated, less saturated... it controls the style of the 3d model, more cartoonish, more realistic, more shiny ...

I've played Apex on Xbox One & PS4 since season 1 & never really experienced performance/server issues until season 6  ( coincidently when cross-play was introduced).I bought a PS5 in April this year in the midst of the issues affecting season 9 & whilst the PS5 became my main console for playing Apex in reality I just couldn't play the game on all 3 consoles for weeks the issues were that bad.I've certainly been disappointed that Apex has never had a next-gen upgrade for the PS5 & Xbox X/S like other games like Fortnite have.And as you mentioned about the tech that devs,pro's & Youtubers have compared to us mere mortals because a lot of the time I watch their videos it seems as though they are playing a completely different game to the one I am used to playing in terms of how smooth & trouble-free their games seems to play (& I'm playing on a next gen console with the PS5)

As I mentioned in a previous comment I believe Apex has several bugs/issues (not just one) affecting the game on all formats & with every new event & patch only seems to add more problems with the game.

Message 489 of 922 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@RedmattgameI watched the video, sounds like the EA feedback session is concerned primarily with missing items, aka the store items, aka where the money is. Appreciate the call out, but the skeptic in me says this just lines up my belief that all they care about is stuff that sells skins and cosmetics. It also leads me to believe the likelihood of them focussing on fixing the game in season 11 is next to zero... but as I've said in the past, I'd be stoked chuffed (I can speak UK) to be wrong on all this.

Message 490 of 922 (481 Views)