Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by illnastyone

Original Post

★ Guide
@Redmattgame yea it has been rough man. I really wanted Ramparts skins but it was so tough to even play due to the non stop stutters even in Areans now, which it never used to be an issue. It almost seems like the more they patch the game the more it breaks for us last gen folks.

I havent had the disappearing enemies yet, but my friend took video of it happening to him and he is on Xbox One X. Which is still a dated console, but it should be optimized for us regardless. I really miss season zero at this point.
Message 151 of 922 (837 Views)

★ Guide

@illnastyone wrote:

@NoJamBros21It doesnt seem like EA Help is speaking about the same issue. I just forced my way through a few matches to get that Rampart skin and quit immediately because I almost threw up my lunch with how bad the freezing and stuttering is.

Also it IS NOT A CONNECTION ISSUE. This is on their end as we have come to the conclusion time and time again. So that tweet is not speaking on this issue. It is an optimization issue due to load in times and how processing times work.

EDIT: Some folks have said a fast SSD has helped them with this issue, others say it hasn't. Still the only solution I have found is to play on a current gen console ( Series S or X)  which  shouldn't be the only solution but sadly is at the moment. 

wow surprise surprise

Message 152 of 922 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If Respawn actually provides the solution I will be shocked (lets face it.. they are like 99% focused on new skins for season 10 right about now and the other 1% is the intern getting the skins team donuts). But somewhere out there in the night, a lone hero is working on the problem, and when all hope appears lost they will appear.

Message 153 of 922 (782 Views)

★ Guide

@MintyBatsnack wrote:

But somewhere out there in the night, a lone hero is working on the problem, and when all hope appears lost they will appear.

Cause that's what heroes do.

Message 154 of 922 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There's an update available as of 4 minutes ago (464 MB on Steam).

Hopefully it fixes this issue. Go check it out bois.

Message 155 of 922 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@arrecebia wrote:

There's an update available as of 4 minutes ago (464 MB on Steam).

Hopefully it fixes this issue. Go check it out bois.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting 100% CPU usage even after the update

Message 156 of 922 (708 Views)

★★ Pro
@arrecebia I've only played a few games of Arenas & a brief play on training mode & I've still been experiencing lag-spikes & stuttering issues .I'd Give it 1-2 days & see if it works after that as that was previous life span of the previous patches.
Message 157 of 922 (664 Views)

★ Guide
@arrecebia Doesn't look like it .
There is no mention of it in patch notes.
https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1417204909003329536

And its still under investigation in their tracker
https://trello.com/b/ZVrHV38P/apex-tracker
Message 158 of 922 (645 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
where they work on stuttering in the game?
Message 159 of 922 (816 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
they can't fix it for unknown how long and they won't fix it, since season 7 a lot of people have had a problem with it ...
Message 160 of 922 (814 Views)