Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by Snowe_asuka

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll be honest. This kind of bug which affects the game and players' PC should be on top priority. It feels like respawn doesn't care as long as the TTVs aren't affected. An AAA developer taking 3 WEEKS to fix a huge performance issue. But if it is a problem about in-game store that no one even mentions, they will fix it within the same hour they found it.

Just saying what this situation feels like on my perspective.

Message 131 of 922 (862 Views)

★★ Pro

@Snowe_asuka wrote:

I'll be honest. This kind of bug which affects the game and players' PC should be on top priority. It feels like respawn doesn't care as long as the TTVs aren't affected. An AAA developer taking 3 WEEKS to fix a huge performance issue. But if it is a problem about in-game store that no one even mentions, they will fix it within the same hour they found it.

Just saying what this situation feels like on my perspective.

I completely agree & I've always thought that the lack of urgency when it comes fixing the very issues that many of us have been affected by for weeks being a bit self-defeating & would inevitably result in player levels dropping.Several times I've tried to play Trio's over the past few days there are as few as 40 players in a match & if that isn't a sign of players deserting the game & a decline in player-base then I do t know what is.It doesn't take rocket science to work season 9 hasn't exactly been a great season (probably the worst for me) & so as Apex limps over the line to conclude season 9 it has shone a light & exposed a multitude of issues that need dealing with for the start of season 10.Things such as hacking/cheating,poor matchmaking,useless reporting system,genuinely fixing the team fill/no-fill option,poor/unbalanced loot layout across it's maps (opening a chest to discover 3 white backpacks,playing the game for 10-15 minutes before encountering the first weapon scope or scouring 4 buildings with the only weapon available being a Mozambique etc doesn't provide any balance in the game).And as @Snowe_asuka rightly points out of all the issues affecting the game performance issues are by far the top priority & with various promises of fixing those issues proving to be nothing more than empty words & a loss of faith in the game.

Either way the start of Season 10 will be a defining moment for the future of Apex & if will ultimately depend on whether any of the issues that I mentioned are fixed or not (if any).Finger crossed.

Message 132 of 922 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Redmattgame Even tokyo server, which was always crowded, is struggling to have a 60/60 match.
Message 133 of 922 (816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Frown  2 weeks later no fix. I wonder how many non-tech literate people are blowing up their CPUs right now forcing themselves through the lag. 

Message 134 of 922 (758 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@HeIena Even for tech literate people, if there is no patch, nobody can make it better, since most "fixes" won't fix nothing.
If you limit your number of threads, you will overload these if your config is limited and if you don't limit these threads, you might overload your CPU because of the bug.
Message 135 of 922 (719 Views)

★ Guide
@HeIena Yup its terrible I can usally play arenas without it going crazy. But i can only do it for half hour. I use hardware info to keep mionitoring but its terrible. SO many people make posts thinking that its server issue.
Message 136 of 922 (681 Views)

★★ Pro

If it's not a server issue then what is causing the problems then with the high latency & packet-loss then?.Just out of interest what is does your hardware info monitor or report?..It took a while but game devs/insiders did admit on social media & to Youtubers about server issues so how can it not be.The fact that any attempts to fix/patch the existing servers hasn't really work & could be just down to the fact the servers are coming the the end of their life cycle with wear & tear.(I don't have a clue what the life span of a server is).

Apex plays on servers with the lowest Tick-Rate (20Hz) of all the multiplayer shooters.For anyone unaware what Tick-Rate is (I did have to look it up a few times in the past) it is the frequency (in Hz) with which a server updates  game with data per second.With Apex operating with a low Tick Rating of 20Hz it means the 20 pieces of data passes the server per second with the data being general movement,shooting & general interaction.Then take games PUBG & Overwatch that operate at around 60Hz thats 60 pieces of data passing through their servers per second.The lower the Tick-Rate a game operates the less responsive a game can feel & play such as slower reaction times or the feel of shots missing targets etc but also things such as Net-Code & Pack Loss can be more problematic in a game as well.But games that play on servers with high Tick-Rates such as Valorant (128Hz) can be problematic for players that don't have TV's or monitors that operate or handle that frequency.If some playing Valorant is playing on a 50Hz TV then the game can suffer stuttering & screen cutting problems.

Message 137 of 922 (658 Views)

★ Guide

When are they gonna fix this? do we have to wait until Season 10 for this issue to be fixed? 

Message 138 of 922 (621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope not. It's been nearly 3 weeks! Disappointed 

Message 139 of 922 (927 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Somehow, it got better for me, but I had to mess big time with my potato.
One thing is I think that the lastest patch is more demanding on CPU per default. Not like "unnecessary demanding", I guess they included some new things that improves a lot the lag compensation (I only got hit around corners once in a 5h today, that's a win).
But then, there are a lot of things that seems to need constant checks by antivirus.
I had to deactivate my protection for the time playing (so I really need to be confident with the servers not contaminating me with some remnants from the hacks, I guess...)
I also improved things by improving virtual memory (click right on computer, select properties/advanced/performance/ select your Virtual Memory adequately, on a SSD. Some SSD drives manufacturers have software doing this even more efficiently).
Also, I updated my drivers for the latest, then in launch settings, I added -dxlevel 120 (which allows to run direct X 12). This was a great addition.
I still had many code:net with violent lags at time, but mostly when maps changed (so maybe is it associated with preloads?).

If you have dedicated Graphic Card (I don't), maybe try to set the stream budget one rank lower that your build in memory allow.
But I guess the DX12 is one key of the solution.
It was so "fluid" that today I was pretty much on a killing spree, compared to my usual botched playing.
Message 140 of 922 (903 Views)