Re: Stuttering issues after genesis update

by SpectreFang

Original Post

Stuttering issues after genesis update

★ Guide

The game has become impossible to play as it sttuters even on champion screem. I skip frames in fights. Cant even play arenas.
I am on origin. I repaired the game with lastest nvidia drivers.

Season 9 has been bad and this update made it even worse.

I tried adding and remove frame rate limiter via launch paramters and its still terrible.

My Config
Intel i5-7300HQ Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 8GB RAM.

Please help

Message 1 of 922 (23,523 Views)

Community Manager
@SpectreFang What type of FPS are you getting in game? Have you tried playing with in-game settings?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 922 (23,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I barely get 60. And the CPU usage is quite high . Lot of users are facing the same issue on reddit thread too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/oacbsa/apex_legends_genesis_collection_event_discussio...

All my settings are set to low. Resolution is 1920*1080

@EA_Illium 

Message 3 of 922 (23,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Illium Regardless of the FPS cap I choose, I keep on getting +90% CPU usage ever since this patch, causing the game to stutter and crash after character selection screen.

I'm running on Windows 10 LTSC thro Steam, on a i7-2600k. I have not had these issues before this patch, I have streams that show this as proof. I'm not the only one experiencing this, even console players are experiencing worse performance. And not even that, the above 190fps bug that has been a thing since the launch of this game also wasn't fixed, even though the developers mentioned it should be.

Message 4 of 922 (23,402 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SpectreFang the same thing has been happening to me as well. it wasn't like this before.

@EA_Illium config: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10875H processor. Nvidia geforce rtx 2070 super, 8gb ram
Message 5 of 922 (23,355 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get the same issue, already while loading into the game the CPU rams up to maximizing the CPU usage.

I've tried excluding apex and anti cheat in defender.
I've tried clean installing on both Origin and Steam.
I've tried clean booth with programs disabled, and it still did It.

Specs: Intel i5-9600K, GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB ram.

Message 6 of 922 (23,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is ridiculous. how does this bug always come back? i literally cannot run the game past the startup screen because my cpu and gpu instantly get pushed to 100%.

No my hardware isnt broken at all, yes all my drivers are up to date, yes my pc is perfectly capable of running this game at max settings, yes apex is the only game where i have ever had this problem.

ive tried everything, the best i can get is firing range with 10 seconds lag spikes constantly.

Message 7 of 922 (23,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

9700kf 3070 rtx newest windows new driver and old gpu driver did not work too.I also tried to deepremove drivers with software. Full screen and windowed same result. Tried to remove launch options. Same result. Cpu goes 100% and game freezes when i choose games mode. Cant even start a game. Totally broken for me. Worked well before update.

Message 8 of 922 (23,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SpectreFang i've tried everything literally everything and it still uses 90% of my i7-2600k.......
I have capped the FPS at 144
I have changed the affinity of r5apex.exe to 4 cores
I have played on any setting you can possibly thing of in the game
I have even updated my motherboard's BIOS
Message 9 of 922 (22,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@AlfatherGimeCum Try verifying your game files thro Steam/Origin, thats what fixed it for me somewhat (The lobby is still destroying my CPU though, so keep that in mind)

Game feels very choppy since this patch though :/

Message 10 of 922 (22,916 Views)