Stuttering game chat

by Pr4etorian1971

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuttering game chat

★★ Novice

Hello everyone. Having an issue over the last few days of my in game chat stuttering. I can’t understand anyone in chat it stutters and sounds like a broken record. I’ve also noticed in the skins and legends menus the icon when moving menus really skips. It’s not fluid moving up and down at all. Running an Xbox 1x on a direct line 1gig connection. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuttering game chat

★★ Novice
I actually fixed it by uninstalling and then reinstalling from my Xbox. Seems smooth and back to normal now. Thx so much for your response

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,954 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @Pr4etorian1971!

Check out these steps and let us know if they help fix this for you. Have you considered reinstalling to see if that clears this up?

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Reboot the Network

1. Unplug the modem/router power for about 5 minutes to refresh the network. A fresh connection can help clear up most basic connectivity issues.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,961 Views)

★★ Novice
I actually fixed it by uninstalling and then reinstalling from my Xbox. Seems smooth and back to normal now. Thx so much for your response
Message 3 of 4 (1,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or just release a patch that fixes the issue for a game that people spent money on.

Message 4 of 4 (659 Views)