Re: Stutter 3900x help!

by ByMaNiiaC_

Original Post

Stutter 3700x help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In game graph

I built my new ryzen PC 3 days ago, trying out bf v today and getting these horrible stutters. When you see a that orange bar jolt up the game stutters. What can I do to stop this? the game is unplayable.

CPU: 3700x GPU: 1080ti RAM: 2x8gb corsair lpx 3200 cs16 SSD: MP600 1tb

In game settings:

Settings 1

Settings 2

Message 1 of 9 (4,121 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Rockoni

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

Here are some steps that may help:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher

2. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

3. Check your Video/Graphics Settings, and try toggling "Future Frame Rendering"

4. Do a clean uninstall/reinstall of the latest graphics drivers: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

5. Make sure you're running the current version of Windows, which is Version 1903: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

Champion (Retired)

Dont forget to update your Ryzen drivers and Nvidia drivers to the latest version. You could also try resetting all settings to factory defaults or tune down your current setting manually a little as:

Resolution scale should be at 100%
Frame limiter for a 1080 will have to be around 100FPS or same as display 
Future frame render adds some lag best to disable for faster response

Not sure if you are running the game at 1080P or higher but if higher you will need to tone down the graphics settings quite a lot for a high FPS number. Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 3 of 9 (4,092 Views)

★ Novice

I'm in the same boat, just no idea how to fix it. I'm about to just return it and go back to my 6700k again. 

Ryzen 3900x/2080ti. 

Message 4 of 9 (4,040 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same here. Only I have 3700x. I have gone back to my old 7700K to check and there is no stutter there. Only on Ryzen. Weird thing is that Anthem and Battlefront 2, which are the two games closest to bfv built on the same engine, are stutter free on 3700x. Havent bothered to install BF1 to check there. 

So my conclusion is that Ryzen and BfV doesnt like each other at the moment for some weird reason. My solution for now is to play less bfv

Message 5 of 9 (3,984 Views)

Champion

ey @iluminatethesky i did exactly same stuff you saying and nothing works. no more than 100fps and lots of stuter with 2600x and 2080ti. well we now know its not caused by bottleneck. here you got a dxdiag

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (3,979 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey guys,

It looks like there's still some Stuttering/Lag/FPS issues on the QoL Tracker:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/184701/battlefield-v-quality-of-life-tracker

However, it's not limited to specific Ryzen users.

★★★★★ Apprentice

To anyone with this issue, It might have something to do with your RAM, overclocked memory seems to cause stuttering in BF 5 even if if its somewhat stable. Non overclocked memory runs this game smoothly. This issue I have found only presents itself in BF 5, other games I play such as DayZ, BDO, Overwatch etc... dont experience the same stuttering.

Message 8 of 9 (3,920 Views)

Hero

What bios and chipset driver version are you using?

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 9 (3,914 Views)