Stuck on "Optimizing Shaders" in the loading screen after new update.

by JoJoseph927

Original Post

Stuck on "Optimizing Shaders" in the loading screen after new update.

★★★★ Novice

I have tried and repaired my game (didn't work) and I have tried just waiting for it to load (which hasn't after a couple of hours). I am not sure what to do as of now. Perhaps it has something to do with a current setting? But I can not be definite. If anyone has the same problem, please let me know. (I want to make sure I'm not the only one). And if anyone knows how to fix this please do tell me how. I see that in the Update Notes it says "Added pre-compilation of shaders on DX12 to reduce stutter during gameplay. This can be seen in the loading screens when this process takes place." However, I can NOT run my game WITHOUT Dx12. I attached an image of what my problem looks like.

Message 1 of 24 (13,228 Views)

Re: Stuck on "Optimizing Shaders" in the loading screen after new upda

EA DICE Team
Hey @JoJoseph927 when you start the game up you don't happen to have a controller connected to the PC?

/Atic
Message 2 of 24 (13,190 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem on my PC. I've repaired twice, still the same problem. No controller connected to my PC, just the mouse.
Message 3 of 24 (13,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Correct. I don't have a controller plugged in.

Message 4 of 24 (13,160 Views)

Hero

Are you AMD or Nvidia graphics cards?

AMD have an option in their control panel to clear the shader cache which you might want to try, I believe Nvidia has an option to turn shader cache off which you might want to try, see what happens, before turning it back on.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 24 (13,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Carbonic I believe I don't have either AMD or Nvidia. But, I'm not sure.

Message 6 of 24 (13,142 Views)

Hero

The game requires you to have either a AMD or Nvidia based graphics card. You should probably have a tech savvy person help you identify your computer components and help you update your drivers.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 24 (13,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Carbonic I have an Intel graphics card. Yet, it still runs?

Message 8 of 24 (13,116 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue.  Looked into it a bit.  When the game is optimizing shaders, it used up all my syetem ram in mere seconds. I have 8 gigs of ram on my system.  around 5 gigs free.  After starting the game it "optimizes shaders" .  It shocked me that in mere seconds it used up all my system ram until the client hangs or crashes.  I have an amd rx 580 and have even tried turning on and off shader cache.  All it did was either crash the client or the client would hang.  Either way, The client has a memory leak at startup I am guessing

Message 9 of 24 (13,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's how to fix the issue, although the game must be ran in dx11.  dx12 is causing a memory leak at startup.  

Go to C:\users\your windows account name\Documents, then go to STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings. Choose to open BootOptions with notepad, and you'll see "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" at the start of the document. Change that one to a zero to get "GstRender.EnableDx12 0", save and start the game.

After doing this the game should start up normally without issues.  Just one thing...go to graphics settings in game and disable dx12. Otherwise it will re-enable after you close the game

Message 10 of 24 (13,085 Views)