Re: Wont load. Stuck on "checking for updates"

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys!  It's a miracle!  I changed absolutely nothing, and all my devices are working again!  Thanks for everything, EA!

Message 31 of 37 (813 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea, I was able to magically log in like normal all weekend, thought it was fixed.  Alas, back to stuck on checking for updates.  Any update from EA on this?

Message 32 of 37 (779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dang, I was working fine until noon today.  Now back to square one.  Another "local" issue EA?

Message 33 of 37 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

yesterday i was able to get in just fine... this morning it loaded but when i went to put teams down for the TW it got stuck on the loading screen and when i closed and re open the app..  It's stuck on the checking for updates once again....   

I'm pretty sure it's not local unless all of us are from the same city.. which i dobut..   or the same state..   again, I dobut it

Message 34 of 37 (745 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi,

Unfortunately we haven't able to reproduce the issue on our end. From what we've seen, it looks to be a local or networking issue. We've seen the issue occur intermittently without any change on our end, which again suggests there's something closer to the user end. Of course this is still an issue so we want to keep gathering info. Could you let me know the following please:

- What would your ISP be?
- What device are you on?
- What OS are you running?
- What was the time and day this issue first started for you?

- What is the Router Model?

And if you haven't yet, please check out these links and run though those steps: .Android steps / iOS steps

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 35 of 37 (723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna and @EA_HighCommand,

There is no way it could have been a local issue considering I contacted my ISP, had them do multiple changes to my account, as well as coming into my own home to recheck the settings and hardware I have for a wireless network.  Everything checked out fine, my only issues was connectivity to THIS game.

By the way, I never received answers to the personal e-mails sent off asking for help, nor did I receive the "call back" from a "supervisor" regarding my issue. 

Magically, when I called in for a third time to both EA / Google and requested a refund for the $200+ I've spent on the game, everything was "working". However, intermittent issues still happen.

Don't be disingenuous and say it's a local issue when everything else on my home network's connectivity is just fine. How about giving me a call back so we can talk about this more to ensure I don't continue the intermittent interruptions?

Message 36 of 37 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Apollos90125 greetings , if thats so and u still have the problem, this is not the apk, cause it works some time, but thats no reason for it to be such a LOCAL PROBLEM, it can be a common problem; server and dns ! as a matter of fact this can cause a full server to avoid access of the divices that were once weakened with the connection, try using a vpn. farewell
Message 37 of 37 (451 Views)