Re: Wont load. Stuck on "checking for updates"

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: Stuck on "Checking for Updates" screen

★★★★ Novice

Again, same as Apollos.  We have all had the canned "troubleshooting" responses.  Games been reinstalled, signal is strong, devices (modem and tablet/phone) restarted.  This is a problem and there has been ZERO real effort to fix it

Message 21 of 37 (1,619 Views)

Re: Stuck on "Checking for Updates" screen

★★★★ Novice

did this thread just get moved back to Technical Issues?  The group of us was told to move to the Bug section.  EA team, this is not a long load time of a few minutes, this is near an hour of load if it loads at all and just moving threads around is not helping.  Switching to my phones data is not a solution, this was working fine until 3 days ago and a little support would be appreciated

Message 22 of 37 (1,614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I logged this as a bug yesterday.  They gave us the same canned answer with no effort and no research, and then moved my bug report back here to Technical Issues.  Can someone at EA please take an ounce of ownership?  Measuring how quickly Tech Support can close an issue results in that being their goal, rather than finding an actual resolution...

Message 23 of 37 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Apollos90125, yes I spotted the bug report, thanks for adding those details in the bug template as it's helped us test the issue. I'll merge the bug report and posts on this issue together here.

On testing it, we've tried to replicate this to understand what is causing the issue for you and how to help address it. The investigation confirmed that this isn't a bug or an account issue - it's a local technical issue. Something is throwing off your devices connection with the game on your side. All we can do is offer advice on how to improve your connection with the game - like clearing cache and switching up your connection from WIFI to mobile or vice versa (Android steps / iOS steps).  

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 24 of 37 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A local technical issue would not affect this many different people on the exact same day in the exact same way.  How can you dismiss this without doing any research?

Message 25 of 37 (1,557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is some additional information:  I work from a home office with a gigabit cable internet connection.  I have literally dozens of devices connected, stream audio and video, and am constantly online.  SWGOH is the one and only application that will not work on my Wi-Fi network, and that began on the morning of 7/16 (exactly when these other folks also started experiencing the same issue).  Prior to that morning, I have never had a connection issue with this game.

So, what leads you to believe that this is a "local technical issue" and not something specifically related to your application?

Message 26 of 37 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Holy rusted metal EA, all I can do is echo the comments from Apollos.  I am on a slightly slower home network, but I have multiple other devices streaming online and other games, which typically take MUCH longer to load than SWGOH, load just fine.  AS noted, this issue began 7/16 in the morning.  7/15 it loaded just fine.  there is something else going on here and I suggest you all talk to each other about what you are telling the community.  When I raise an issue with your email support help, they tell me that this is a known issue and the development team is working on it.  When I come to this forum, nobody seems to know anything and there is no help. 

The result for your customer, is that all provided support lines are telling different stories and neither is providing an ETA on a fix or even a possible resolution.

Message 27 of 37 (1,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been having the same Issue too.  When I try to get on via my house WifI.  it gets stuck on the "checking for updates"   I have a S7 edge.  I even tried it on my tablet which is a Tab A, got the same results.     The game loads on Data... it also loads when i'm at work on my work's wifi and today i was at the store and also worked on their wifi..

Other apps on my phone work just fine, i checked my wifi and it is working just fine...   I've done the following in trying to fix this

Reset my wifi.
reset my phone.
shut down my phone
uninstalled the game and reinstalled it
cleared the catch and restarted the phone
shut the phone down and then restarted the wifi again.
restarted the phone again.

and none of these worked..   it's not a local issue as my work and the store i was at, they are about 15 min away from my house.   

You need to fix this... please.. 

edit:  Oh, and when i do get in with the wifi off and turn it back on, and try to go to a different area of the game it gets stuck on the loading screen.

as the others it started on the 16th of july.

Message 28 of 37 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Any updates, please?
Message 29 of 37 (1,508 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the game installed on 5 different devices:

iPhone 6

Galaxy S9 Edge

Galaxy Tab S4

Google Pixel 3 XL

Bluestacks Android Emulator on Windows

The game hangs on all 5 devices on the loading screen.  

Message 30 of 37 (1,503 Views)