Re: Stuck on "Checking for Updates" screen

by Hartreq

Original Post

Re: Wont load. Stuck on "checking for updates"

★★★★ Novice

hi Arrenai,

yes, clearing cache and data was the same "troubleshooting" that was performed yesterday.  I have don't this yet again just now and am still stuck ad checking for updates.  I was able to get in eventually this morning after about 30 minutes of load time, but it alternates between that and loading so long it says the client needs to restart, which takes another 30 minutes.

Message 10 of 37 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Apollos90125 , if the troubleshooting steps haven't helped, you might have a bug on your hands. Please create a bug report here, they help flag potential bugs and ask for more information to hep investigations along. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 11 of 37 (582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai  and @EA_Lanna I've tried this suggested solution on both my devices and it still doesn't work. The game worked for about 20 minutes late last evening (before I tried this suggestion) and now today, it's the same thing as the other day. The issue still persists. 

Message 13 of 37 (574 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Hartreq.

As mentioned by @EA_Lanna, if troubleshooting doesn't work, throw a bug report our way and we can take a look. Our bug reports are regularly checked by the team.

If you already see a bug report for your issue in that forum, feel free to select Me Too in that thread to help pinpoint issues affecting multiple people. Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 14 of 37 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue for me.  Running on Wifi, using a Galaxy tab S3.  North America Region, US.

Message 15 of 37 (594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same issue as well, but I'm using a Samsung Chromebook Plus and an LG LML212VL Smartphone.

Message 16 of 37 (591 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@Hartreq I sent off an e-mail yesterday. No response. After calling tech support (which was undoubtedly outsourced to somewhere not in the USA), I was placed on hold for 15 minutes. I was then told I'd receive an "email" and that my case had been escalated.

Look, I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game in the year I've been playing. Now it doesn't even work. I've been a dedicated player each day (most days) for a year. Now I'm missing out on events, guild activities and lagging behind in progression.

Just chalk me up a refund for everything. I'm done with the game.
Message 17 of 37 (579 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Hartreq When this happened to me, what helped load the game was using my phone's internet and not my home wifi.
Message 18 of 37 (561 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and sorry to hear that.

Sometimes the loading time can be longer than usual (see the official announcement HERE). If the game won't load at all, try switching from WiFi to cellular and vice versa and make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.

Clearing cache and reinstalling the game freshly can also help to resolve the issue. More troubleshooting steps can be found HERE and HERE.

Message 19 of 37 (573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that on my own, and on two separate calls with Tech Support.  This is still an issue, and I'm not alone in that.  Please reach out to me with a real effort to resolve this rather than canned answers that are already posted on your forums.  Thank you!

Message 20 of 37 (565 Views)