Stuck on loading screen Xbox One

by josephmork67

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on loading screen Xbox One

★★★ Newbie
As of 2 days ago my PvZ GW2 will not load past the loading screen it merely gets stuck. The flower won’t even come up to say that’s it’s loading. Instead, it just sits on the screen immediately after the backyard fight sequence in the beginning. This is the first time we’ve ever had problems with this game. I would says it’s the disc but it’s the digital version. This is what we’ve done thus far and nothing has worked......
1. Hard reset the Xbox One and reloaded the game
2. Hard reset the Xbox One, unplugged it for an hour, and reloaded the game
3. Uninstalled the game along with all extra content, hard reset the Xbox One, unplugged it for an hour, reinstalled the game and extra content
4. Checked our network connection on multiple occasions, but that has nothing to do with it as each and every time it’s been fine

Please can someone help before I email EA? We’ve dumped a lot of time and money into this game for it to be doing this.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 40 (22,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on loading screen Xbox One

Community Manager

Hey all, any issues connecting to the game should be sorted now.The studio were able to do a little work on their end to ensure that no one should have any issues connecting. 

If you continue to be unable to connect then please let me know and also try the connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you continue to see the issue after completing troubleshooting and opening ports, please run a UO trace to check your connection. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 19 of 40 (24,561 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@josephmork67 Sounds like a connection issue, if you don't mind I would suggest that you try the connection troubleshooting steps for your issue: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If you continue to see the issue after completing troubleshooting and opening ports, please run a UO trace to check your connection. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 40 (22,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem start 2 days ago... I just fixed it after resetting everything on my network and xbox and re installing the game. 

Go to Settting

system storage

go right on the controller to select the internal drive option that shows a circle with a percentage of your memory usage and click that

click view contents

go to the pvz2 game and click select on your controller

click manage game

go down to saved data

click on your pvz name

then click delete from console

Then when you reload the game it will re connect all of your stats and you will pick up where you left off not losing any characters or progress... and make sure you download your seasonal updates and check the mailbox to get all the sticker packs

that should get you back up and running!!!!! mine is working!!!

Message 3 of 40 (22,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Update it looks like I have to do this every time in order to play... hopefully there’s an update for this or a perm fix ??
Message 4 of 40 (22,014 Views)

★ Novice

Mine is doing exact same thing. What exactly did you do prior to deleting saved game off the console? I want to see if I've missed any steps?

Thank you Standard smile

Message 5 of 40 (21,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I originally tried power cycling my console and my router which didnt work. All I did after that was delete my pvz profile from my xbox memory outlined in the steps above and was able to get the screen to load when I launched the game. 

When you start the game after deleting that profile (make sure you click delete from console NOT from everywhere) There will be a quick screen flash that says syncing data or something then it will load fine. Some type of glitch now I have to do this everytime I want to play which is annoying but at least its working now.

Does that answer your question?

Message 6 of 40 (21,973 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, tried all that and no go...weird. Are you in Australia as well by any chance?

Message 7 of 40 (21,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No sorry, united states. I got on the EA chat and they gave me a bunch of directions on how to clear some stuff on my xbox to try and make it work I will try it tonight when i get home, maybe try the chat with them too

Message 8 of 40 (21,948 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issues.  Start the game and loading progresses past where the trailer starts.  After that, it just sits there with the sunflower spinning and various credits showing.  Sometimes, if I start the process over, it will load.  But not always.

Xbox One S.

Restarted the game, console and total power off to the system.  Makes no difference.  

If the game randomly does start, it seems to run correctly.  But, it's an issue to even get it to run.

Message 9 of 40 (21,930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only thing you can do is to restart the game several times, because it's a server problem that affects all systems. We have to wait until EA fixes it.

Message 10 of 40 (21,876 Views)