Stuck on connecting to match infinitely

by imflyzing

Original Post

Stuck on connecting to match infinitely

★★★ Novice

Hi there, I have been playing apex since season 5 without any sort of problems. I haven't changed anything since then. A couple days ago my menu response time has been slow and most of the time when I get into a match it gets stuck on connecting to match for hours. I have tried multiple dns servers, resetting my router, using a different ethernet cable, resetting my firewall, changing the apex server, updating all drivers, and reinstalling apex on steam after previously using origin. I also play on St. Louis server if that helps. Every once in a while I connect to a game but it isn't consistent what so ever. As you can tell I have tried everything high and low. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (667 Views)

Re: Stuck on connecting to match infinitely

Community Manager

Hi @imflyzing

The menu performance issues are something we've been looking into since the most recent season started up. It sounds like there might be something else that's preventing the game from connecting to a match, though. 

Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on your PC that's preventing the game from connecting that may help to get around it. For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Once you've been able to give it a shot let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (592 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried both a clean boot and eliminating and any background apps. Nothing has worked so far.

Message 3 of 9 (584 Views)

★★ Novice
@imflyzing Same issues i had for a week now
Message 4 of 9 (567 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for following up!

Have you tried switching to any other datacenters to test and see if that makes a difference at all? I'm curious if this is only happening with the St. Louis datacenter, or if it happens with any of them. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 9 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried like 5 different servers. And another thing is when I first get on it works for like 3 games then stops for the rest of the day. Idk if that helps.

Message 6 of 9 (556 Views)

Community Manager

@imflyzing 

Got it, thanks! It is interesting that it would only start happening after you've already been playing for a while. When you've got the chance would you mind running a UO Trace so we can take a look? If there's anything happening in between your home network and the servers that might help us to spot it. 

For more information on how to run the test check out the EA Help website. Once you have the results please send them to me in a direct message. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 9 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just an update, Throughout the last 3 days it started working more and more. It came to Thursday where I had no troubles at all getting into a game. When it first started to work I had an insane amount of packet loss, this was probably due to my internet. I don't remember doing anything different, it just started working. Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (508 Views)

Community Manager

@imflyzing 

Thanks for following up and letting me know! I'm glad to hear that it's working better for you now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (495 Views)