Stuck in INGAME download

by mikznaiman

Original Post

Stuck in INGAME download

★ Novice

Problem here, when i try start game it stuck in this screen. I tried re-int game and origin. Nothing help. 

Message 1 of 14 (1,838 Views)

Re: Stuck in INGAME download

★ Novice

Having the exact same problem as mikznaiman.  Game just sits at 'installing full game' but never moves off 0%. 

Message 2 of 14 (1,799 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me.

Message 3 of 14 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm seeing the same problem.

I have all the updates installed and have run a "repair" through the origin app to try and resolve this but nothing ever changes

Message 4 of 14 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't personally had this problem, but have read over to flush dns, run both origin and the game as admin.

To run as admin forever and not right click it each time;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe right click, properties, compatibility tab, run as admin (select box at bottom)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\starwarsbattlefrontii.exe   right click, properties, compatibility tab, run as admin (select box at bottom)

flush dns and port opening instructions are all listed via;

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Message 5 of 14 (1,753 Views)

★ Novice

Gave the suggestions from FringeRazaDM a go.  Set Origin.exe and BF2 exe to run as admin, flushed dns, opened all ports per the EA troubleshooting. 

However all that didn't work for me, still having the same issue as the OP. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Closing app like asus, corsair or others in the traybar can help. I did that and I launched origin as admin. Sometimes the game launch (1 out of 10), sometimes I'm still stuck with the 0% screen....

The origin launcher seems still really bugged... It's a shame seriously. That problem was already there with the 1st battlefront...

Message 7 of 14 (1,718 Views)

★ Novice

I think you are onto something - I did a full clean boot disabling anything that runs at startup and was able to get into the game and play online/campaign. 

I only tested that once because I got in so I didn't quit to see if it would work again... 

Might be worth a try for others with this issue, try a clean boot --> https://help.ea.com/au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

Message 8 of 14 (1,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

If a clean boot is allowing the game to run, then it might be antivirus software blocking it, make sure if your AV software is using a firewall or web shield, that the game is on the allowed list.

Also, any time you do an uninstall and reinstall (reboot after the uninstall, before you start reinstall), make sure to;

Move the "STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder from "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II", to the desktop.

The uninstall doesn't remove it.

You can also if it's not working, Move the "STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder from "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II", to the desktop. then reboot, then run the game repair tool.

*This is from a post I made above - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Message 9 of 14 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping because I am having the same issues. Can we please get an actual fix for this. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,666 Views)