by Trololol-971

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strange light on St. Quentin Scar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I see a light where the window is on this one building on St. Quentin Scar. It is just this one building and that one spot. It happens when the building is partially destroyed on the bottom and I think it doesn't happen when the building is fully destroyed (although I think I didn't get close enough to it when it was fully destroyed, I don't know) The light changes color between red and yellow as you move around the building or move your head.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Partially destroy the building, look at the window and move your head around and walk around the building.
What happens when the bug occurs? A yellow / red light appears in the window and changes color as you move around it.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 980Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

https://gfycat.com/SimilarBitesizedBobolink

Message 1 of 10 (5,795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strange light on St. Quentin Scar

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@RealityGap Thanks for the detailed report. I can't say I've seen this before, but from your description some specific circumstances need to be met. Can I check if you've encountered this more than once? If you were playing with friends or chatting with anyone in game, did they see or remark on it too?

I'd be tempted to blame this on a driver issue, but reports of odd localised lighting issues do crop up from time to time and and differing hardware. You may want to try a clean driver install anyway, if you haven't done so recently.

Thanks again for the info.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,099 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@RealityGap Thanks for the detailed report. I can't say I've seen this before, but from your description some specific circumstances need to be met. Can I check if you've encountered this more than once? If you were playing with friends or chatting with anyone in game, did they see or remark on it too?

I'd be tempted to blame this on a driver issue, but reports of odd localised lighting issues do crop up from time to time and and differing hardware. You may want to try a clean driver install anyway, if you haven't done so recently.

Thanks again for the info.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (6,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I believe I have seen this once or twice before in the same spot. I think I probably saw it during different graphics driver versions too. I think I might have seen this on Amiens too but I'm not sure. Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers right now. I didn't ask my friends at the time if they were seeing it but they both said they haven't seen it when I asked just now.

Message 3 of 10 (5,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did a fresh install of graphics drivers, on 376.48. I saw the bug again, same exact spot, but this time the building was fully intact. It then disappeared when the building got destroyed.

Message 4 of 10 (5,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Was curious if the problem for this was discovered? I play on a 1st gen PS4 and see this red light every time I play St. Quentin Scar.

Message 5 of 10 (5,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep! Same thing here.

Its in the town area, second story of a building in a window.

For me its always a really bright red light.

I play on PC with a GTX 1070, i7 6700k 

I run 375.95 drivers normally.

Message 6 of 10 (5,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see similiar red light occassionally (approximately once every 3-5 hours). I get nightmarish flashbacks from BF3 getting shot by a T-90 every time I see it.

I haven't paid any attention on which map and where it happens. But for me it has always been a lot smaller in diameter, though could be that I've seen it from further away.

GTX 970 with 376.33 drivers

Message 7 of 10 (5,602 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just encountered this yesterday. I m running the newest graphics drivers I can and I have a gtx 960 and 8gb ram if that helps

Message 8 of 10 (5,274 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I saw it too, always in the same place. Very flashy, It was a bit annoying.

AMD M390X

Message 9 of 10 (5,008 Views)

★ Novice
just got the same thing but green
Message 10 of 10 (4,348 Views)