Strange game performance

by Immolate7

Original Post

Strange game performance

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So i started playing this game, in campaign, of course. And i have only 40 stable fps on first mission in close corridors and it was quite shocking, because i had stable 80-100 fps on beta test in galactic assault with huge map and many players in game. Config: i5-4670k, gtx 970, 12 GB RAM. So i googled for some time in order to fix this, and  i found this topic: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/77757/low-fps-gtx-1060/p3 saying that turning on some options in NVIDIA control panel resolved this problem so i did the same (turned on Triple Buffering) And it really helped me, i had 80-100 fps as i supposed to have but then i reached a cut scene at Endor when death star exlpodes and after that cutscene my problem returned back - again 40 fps... Then i quit to the menu and it shows 100% CPU and GPU usage and 40 fps in menu and it was lagging. WTF? There is totally some performance issue and it must be patched, pls click "me too" if you have the same issue so that developers notice and fix it asap.

Message 1 of 3 (867 Views)

Re: Strange game performance

★★ Apprentice

There's a lot of performance issues that exist in the full release that I never experienced in the beta build. My campaign hits 100 percent cpu usage and is unplayable I can play multiplayer just fine until I hit the score screen then it jumps to 100 percent cpu usage and then when i exit to the main menu the same thing.

Hopefully it's sorted.

Message 2 of 3 (853 Views)

Re: Strange game performance

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I would like to add some observation. So i tried a lot of things that is recommended when u have performance issues: cleared my PC with CCcleaner and made "clear" reboot without any services and after reboot game actually played normal, i had 80-110 fps and played 3 game very succesfully. After that i took a break and now when i enter a game i am getting 30-40 FPS again Frown. PC rebooting doesnt work, now i feel like it is absolutely random. Also i can tell whether the game is running normal or not by monitoring GPU usage and temperature in menu. When i have "bugged" low performance i have constant 100% usage of GPU and low temperature (40-45°), but when my game ran perfect without lag, usage was like 80-100% and temperature 60°  in menu and was increasing (70-85°) while playing, but when i had bugged low fps my temperature didnt rise at all, it was 45-50.

Message 3 of 3 (802 Views)