Re: Still have slowmo problems and GPU usage inconsistency after the latest patc

by Riffinchen

Original Post

Re: Still have slowmo problems and GPU usage inconsistency after the latest patc

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you leave the Task Manager open while playing and watched the CPU usage when the frame drops occurred? If the CPU usage goes down in the frame drops, it has nothing to do with the graphics card, but with the power supply of the board for the CPU ... as I hinted at some threads before (DC-converter).

I had framedrops with a GeForce 2080Ti and latest driver.

Message 11 of 17 (409 Views)

★ Apprentice

CPU usage also goes down I guess. Same with the GPU, but for like a second, the integrated graphics go up to like 70%

This is what it looks like, I uploaded a screenshot.

Message 12 of 17 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I would advise you as the cheapest attempt to leave your case open and with a fan just let it blow on the board. The more the fan can blow, the better. Then test and watch.
With me the Framedrops were gone then. Then I tried to blow on the DC-converter with another fan. This was the problem.
What now the integrated GPU might have to do with, does not open to me.
It was a heat problem for me, but I did not get a grip on it with a bigger case and more fans. Not for a long time anyway. It went out for me on a complete board change yesterday (with CPU, RAM).
And I still have 2 other PC with BfN, same CPU FX8350 (one with RTX 2070 and one with GTX 1080Ti) that do not cause any problems.

Message 13 of 17 (380 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am playing on a laptop. Also when I have the air condition on and a cooling pad underneath it. The problem almost disappeared. Though the game still suffers from occasional frame drops.

I live in the tropics, where the average temperature, even in doors, is close to 30 or even 30.

Message 14 of 17 (373 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Of course this is not beneficial for BfN. BfN is the first game I know, which generates so much heat. There are probably no other drivers help. Sorry.
Only if the computing power is taken from the CPU.

Message 15 of 17 (371 Views)

Community Manager

@AudacityTheRose 90 degrees definitely sounds too high. If it's feasible, you may want to check to ensure internal airflow is unimpeded, as well as using the cooling pad like you state. 

As for the drivers, you'd grab them from the nvidia page, it's the drivers for your discrete 1060 that need to be kept up to date, the integrated GPU drivers aren't a factor. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 17 (358 Views)

★ Apprentice

I only recently opened up and cleaned out the fans and heat grills and exchanged the thermal paste. At this point there is nothing I can do. The game needs more optimization so it doesn't use so much damn CPU power.

You have fixed the stuttering so far, but the game still has a lot of glitches, bugs and performance issues.

Message 17 of 17 (335 Views)