Re: Still have slowmo problems and GPU usage inconsistency after the latest patc

by Riffinchen

Original Post

Still have slowmo problems and GPU usage inconsistency after the latest patch

★ Apprentice

Hello there. The newest update did fixed the stutter issue which is great, but the game still seems to have GPU issues, most likely on the nvidia side.

When playing, the game runs and feels a lot smoother then it did before the patch. But now the game constantly slows down...like literally. The game just randomly runs in slow mo with 10fps or slightly higher.

I had task manager on to look at this, and it seems that the GPU drops to 20 and to even 10 percent usage, while the INTEGRATED GRAPHICS go up to 70 percent usage.

Is that NORMAL? I don't think it is. Something is going on here. Is this still an optimization issue?

Either way, that is still the problem it seems. The game after a while normalizes again, but after a minute or so it goes back running in slow me. With the same percentages I have listed up above. Generally GPU usage looks like a mountain on the graph, never really staying stable at all, and I never had this kind of ups and down with any other games I play.

Hope you guys can also fixed the GPU optimization so that the performance stays constant.

I am using an I7 7700HQ, GTX 1060max-q and 16GB of ram if that information helps, and yes I have the latest Nvidia driver too.

Message 1 of 17 (650 Views)

Re: Still have slowmo problems and GPU usage inconsistency after the latest patc

Community Manager

@AudacityTheRose Thanks for the detailed post. 

If you try restarting your system with a Clean Boot and play without starting anything else, does that have any effect on this?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 17 (635 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion. I did help, but didn't eliminated the problems completely. I managed to play two matched of turf takeover without the frame drops and slowmo accruing. But in the third and fourth it happened again like 4 times maybe.

Your solution has medicated the problem yes, but not fully solved it. I again had task manager open again and saw the same issue when it happened once more. Massive drops in the GPU side but massive increase on integrated graphics. Even if the slowmo doesn't happened the game still drops framed from time to time.

Again according to the performance graph, the percentage usage of the GPU stays constant for some time before fluctuating again, dropping to below 20 on those slowmo moments.

I understand that the game still suffers from performance issues on PC. I hope you guys over there can fix it before lunch, or at least right after.

Thank you for taking the time in reading and replying towards my concerns. 

Message 3 of 17 (611 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exact same issue here. Described it perfectly.

Message 4 of 17 (543 Views)

★ Apprentice

Good to know I am not alone.

Message 5 of 17 (526 Views)

Community Manager

Can we check your dxdiag info?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Can you try a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers and see if that has any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 17 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

One of my PC's is a FX8350 where the DC-converters (they have no heatpipes) for the CPU are overheating only in this game. So the CPU falls down from 4.000MHz to 1.300MHz for 1-2 seconds. After that it's normal again for a Minute. Than it starts again. This is why I got unplayable framedrops in this game too.

Tested it with an open Case and a fan directly blown at the DC-converter (after changed graphic card an CPU Fan without a result). With an open case and the fan I solved the problem temporary.

Message 7 of 17 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here is my dxdiag information.

And yes I had a clean reinstall of my Nvidia driver. I used DDU to do that.

Message 8 of 17 (483 Views)

Community Manager

@AudacityTheRose Hey, it looks like that GPU should have a (slightly) newer package available, 436.48, can you try grabbing that? 

That said, do you run temperature monitoring software? I

f not, it's definitely worth grabbing some and testing while you play. I think there may be an overheating issue, and the weird symptoms may be due to this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 17 (472 Views)

★ Apprentice

The cpu temps are above 90, which is mostly duo to the fact that this game makes it sometimes spike to a hundredth percent. I did a CPU stress test and the CPU only went as high as 78 when running in full tilt for 10 minutes.

Granted I do run with an undervolted CPU of -0.120 volts, but even so, this games makes it go to 90 degrees and up.

Also where do I get these 436.48 package? I did recently updated the Intel HD graphics driver.

Message 10 of 17 (440 Views)