Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Still cant connect to anthem servers ps4

by ChesterChucky

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, quick and easy fix that worked for myself, simply go to settings then disable 'usage data' which is in the account tab I believe. I dont know if this is an actual legit way of fixing this connectivity problem but what I know for sure is that once I did this I was able to connect to a server and play Anthem.

Message 41 of 51 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I appreciate the fix suggestion, but I can't get into the game settings because I'm unable to connect to the game (at least on the PS4).

Message 42 of 51 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How to do it on ps4
Message 43 of 51 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep same thing again and again. Can't even get to the point where I can change my settings. EA Help is less than useful. They keep trying to tell me it's on my end. I've called my ISP and there is nothing wrong with my service. I can play literally every other game I have online but this one. It's their servers and they dont want to admit it.

Message 44 of 51 (503 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

If your PS4 is on a LAN connection try switching it to Wi-Fi and connect to the game again.  This worked for me.

I had read that either my router was too old or its settings needed to be adjusted, I tried the different things and nothing worked.  So as a last ditch effort I switched to Wi-Fi and the game came right up.

Hope this helps solve the issue for others.

Message 45 of 51 (449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it, among other things,& it didn't work Tried the language setting tweak, rebooted my router, checked for firmware updates, changed the DNS setting, etc.

The annoying part is everything was working just fine for a few days & now for the past 2-3 days I just haven't been able to get it. At all. My wife can on her PS4. So it's not the router. We're using diff PSN accounts. I can hop on Destiny & other games just fine.

I ended up deleting the game & redownloading it. If I can't get back in tomorrow, I'll probably just try to get a refund, since I'm at my wits end. This really feels like something on EA's end & hasn't been fixed.

Message 46 of 51 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It’s great peole are being helpful, but this issue is not at our end. It’s the EA servers. Trust me, I have attempted all the suggestions (port forwarding, LAN, wifi, using a vpn, re-installing, doing the hokie pokie and sacrificing a gummy bear to the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl) and none of have worked for any length of time. It’s on EA to work out a fix.

Message 47 of 51 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Geeha08 wrote:

It’s great peole are being helpful, but this issue is not at our end. It’s the EA servers. Trust me, I have attempted all the suggestions (port forwarding, LAN, wifi, using a vpn, re-installing, doing the hokie pokie and sacrificing a gummy bear to the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl) and none of have worked for any length of time. It’s on EA to work out a fix.

you heard something said by EA/Bioware about this?

Hell no.... 

Message 48 of 51 (419 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem over and over even if other games were working Well.....wasn't able to play until I got a faster speed internet connection...it resolved the problem

Message 49 of 51 (201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the game since Launch day. I have tried numerous times to play but i, to this day, haven't been able to "connect " to any server to even play for 1 minute. It's been nearly a month and no game play. What is going on? 

Message 50 of 51 (123 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help