Re: Still a delay when leaving games!

by EzyHawk

Original Post

Still a delay when leaving games!

★★★★ Guide

This has been going for months now and is worse this season. It used to happen intermittently but now it is happening every game.

When you try to leave there is a delay of around 10-15 seconds whilst it says "connecting to lobby" sometimes it takes longer. 

How does nobody know that this is happening??? It didn't used to happen at all. 

I've mentioned it many times but I keep getting told to fill out a bug report. I'M NOT FILLING OUT A BUG REPORT!

I'm not going to write down dates and times and other people's gamer tags, shoe sizes and favourite flavours of ice cream!! I just want to play the game and not have this issue!

Message 1 of 5 (286 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Hello, easiest way for the team to findout what may cause this is for you to fill out a bug report.
Now i can assure you that you do not need to fill out shoe sizes and ice cream flavours.

However, could you please verify what hardware you run on your PC or if its a console?.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox one. I've mentioned this 3 or 4 times now. It started around season 6 so it has been going on for a long time. 

It used to be instant as soon as I selected leave game it would quit straight away but then it got longer and its been getting a lot worse over the past month and now since season 8 it happens every game. I posted a video last time I reported it where it took nearly a minute to leave a game with "connecting to lobby" on the screen. This still happens sometimes. 

Its just really annoying but I guess it must be the new norm that people need to get used to.

Link to the video:

https://youtu.be/HZfTwrO2F_Q

Message 3 of 5 (238 Views)

Champion

Please try the following:

Do you run Wifi or Cable to your xbox?

Also please try the following steps and see if the result is different

*Clear xbox cache
Power off your Xbox One by holdiong the power button until it turns off.
Unplug your power blick, press and hold the power button several times to expel remaining power. Wait for 10 seconds and plug the bick back in.
waitin for the light on the brick to change from white to orange and turn your xbox on.
-----------------------------------------
* Clearing MAC adress
Go to Settings> All settings> Network> Network settings
In here press on advanced settings and alternate MAC adress option, press on 'clear'
Restart your xbox
* Remove and unplug USB devices
If you have any devices plugged in to your Xbox, please unplug them.
Sometimes it may interfer with the game.
* Re-install the game
Try to reinstall the game and see if the issue is resolved

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (228 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Tried all these and still have the same issue. I'm connected via ethernet and use fibre broadband. The data center is London with 16ms ping (I'm in UK) 

There are no issues with the gameplay that I've noticed, no lag or other delays. Its only when leaving a game that there is delay. It has been getting worse since season 8 started.

I just find it strange that nobody is aware of this problem and that I seem to be the only person affected by it. I also find it hard to believe that my setup or my xbox is the problem. If so it's strange that it suddenly happened at the start of season 6 and then got a lot worse the exact time season 8 started?!? Maybe my xbox knew this and decided to play silly beggers to confuse me?? Who knows?? 🤣

Message 5 of 5 (180 Views)