Re: Still MAJOR stuttering after recent UI update.

by Cloudy_Canadian

Original Post

Still MAJOR stuttering after recent UI update.

★★ Pro

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? ALL
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.05.19 0730
Summarize your bug Game shows massive stuttering / loss or frame rate. Right down to single frames per second. Most pronounced during firing, quick turns etc.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Stutterfield V
What happens when the bug occurs? Game stutters/lags/low FPS
What should be happening instead? Smooth FPS

NA

Message 1 of 17 (964 Views)

EA DICE Team
UI updates don't address any performance related issues or improvement. These update address the UI system for Battlefield V main menu.  

For performance related improvements or changes we do those on patches as it requires changes in the game client. @Adman_Tor 

/Atic 
Message 2 of 17 (912 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_Atic- Any news on when we'll get a proper patch for the Stuttering?

Message 3 of 17 (905 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the game on PC and I once and a while seem to have to same issue, even though I have a high end computer and fast Internet speed. Seems to be something to do with the servers if I had to guess, looking forward to a patch to help fix this awful issue. 

Message 4 of 17 (884 Views)

★★ Pro

@Cloudy_CanadianDefinitely NOT the local hardware. The issue started after the April 30th update 2 weeks ago.

Message 5 of 17 (863 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Adman_Tor  and @Cloudy_Canadian I have no clue on console but I do know on PC I get no stuttering at all before or after last update and neither did my husband and he is on  my old game rig until his new build is done. He is using a  i7-5960X with a 980Ti .  @Cloudy_Canadian  So I am thinking for you it is a setting on your PC be it desktop or in game and yes even a program on the PC can do it, more so as you stated you have a high end computer. As I don't want to high jack the OP topic so if you want help to try and fix this then make a topic and tag me in it and I will help you. If you make a topic please post your PC specs as well and make sure to tag me @2042isNotBF .

Message 6 of 17 (848 Views)

★★ Pro

It's definitely software/server related for console as I've been observing it on multiple game streams as well as on my own NEW PS4 Pro. @2042isNotBF 

Message 7 of 17 (844 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Adman_Tor Could well be no question as the game is still semi new and it takes a good year it seems to iron out all the  bugs not a job I would want to do lol. EA games for BF are way more complex then any other game out so more can go wrong in my view of it all. Give it time they will fix it in time. With PC more issues come up from settings or programs on the PC or windows and drivers are not up to date. Issues are from the PC user and some from the game as well more can go wrong on PC then console I think but could be wrong never used a console lol.

Message 8 of 17 (834 Views)

★★ Pro

@2042isNotBFIt's a shame that developers are forced to release unfinished games. Hurts the industry and the player experience.

Message 9 of 17 (811 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Adman_Tor For me in over 20 years of PC games I have never seen a game come out without issues its just all part of it. But on PC the more stable and clean your rig less issues in new games.

Message 10 of 17 (792 Views)