Re: Still Getting Dropped Nearly Every Match Since the sn 10 Rampart Event

by enite

Original Post

Still Getting Dropped Nearly Every Match Since the sn 10 Rampart Event

★ Guide

Let me start with some technical information.
I play on the Xbox Series-S.  I have my data information displayed on the screen and everything seems to be fine.  Ping is usually at 60 max, but typically hangs around the 17-30 range.

I started having issues around the same time as everyone else in the middle of season 10 once the Rampart event was released.

I noticed that some were affected more than others.  Then I noticed that many people weren't having the issue any more.  Most of the people I play with don't get dropped at all.

I, on the other hand, can usually play only a few matches before I start freezing on either the team introduction screen" at the beginning of the match or the "connecting to lobby" screen at the end of the match.

When this happens, I am am completely frozen and have to quit and restart the game.  The only slight positive is that I am usually put back in with my team, but sometimes I am put in a completely different location on the map.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I froze the very first game that I tried after that.  Now I don't know what else to do.  Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated as the game is super frustrating for me to play right  now.

Message 1 of 7 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude I feel your pain I got a message from ea help about this but all they said was check your connection and so on....it's on their end not ours they have done something with that rampart event update. A few things fixed...a few things broken as usual. 

Message 2 of 7 (275 Views)

★ Guide

The crazy thing is nearly everyone else I know seem to be back to normal.  I have on friend who gets dropped, but not as much as me.  Some matches I get dropped at both the beginning and the end of the match.

Message 3 of 7 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@enite Bro im so glad its not just me. Ive uninstalled, power-cycled, EVERYTHING. And it keeps happening. Glad to know other people are going through this and not just me, hopefully it can be fixed soon.
Message 4 of 7 (228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am going through the same issue.  I constantly get a frozen screen before games and have to quit the whole app (Apex Legends).  I’m then connected to the same game but in terrible positioning, no loot, etc.  I am also experiencing this at the end of games. This is for all game modes.  PLEASE FIX THIS APEX ! We all want to get back into battle with our friends and enjoy the game.

Message 5 of 7 (221 Views)

★ Guide

Same.  I was wondering if was just me, especially when I didn't see many posts about it here.

Out of curiosity, what system are you on?

Message 6 of 7 (209 Views)

★ Guide

What system are you on?  I wonder if its a console specific issue?

Message 7 of 7 (207 Views)