Steering wheel compatibility

by BJoeled

Original Post

Re: Steering wheel compatibility

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the heads up everyone. I almost bought the game and remembered rivals had no support. I bought that game buy 2 get 1 free to give friends the other 2 and ended up returning them all. At the time ea support assured me there would be wheel support luckily i did not believe them. Every other racing game supports a wheel this is a joke.
Message 51 of 284 (2,986 Views)

[ Edited ]

No wheel support,no free roam cops, no online free roam, and more than 70 bugs with patch number 1 to try and fix them. What a good start to payback then, I feel so stupid for not pre ordering the delux version last week for 90 euro's.

It seems like ea just does not listen to the customer at all, or learn from past mistakes or things like steering wheel support would be automatically in the game. If ea ever go bankrupt  it will be totally self inflicted.

Message 52 of 284 (3,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just bought the game (PC version) and this is the first racing game I bought since eternity. (I mean the last one I've obtained was more the 10 years ago).

And I just didn't even believe that a racing game could be released and offer me only way to play it by using keyboard. I mean it doesn't fit into my head that the first thing I have to do after the buying game is go google and search forums. Because of the problem that shouldn't exist in racing game at all! And then I found unpleasant surprise that the problem exist and that is not a problem but feature. That I cannot connect my Saitek and play with as I always did.

C'mon EA guys. Are you playing the game? Do you understand that keyboard doesn't allow you to measure your throttle and brake, doesn't allow you to do smooth turns, and overall dramatically decrease the level of controlling the car? How could you even release the game that way?

Bring the all joysticks and steering wheels support back, because if you wont - you will simply get rid of most PC users.

Message 53 of 284 (3,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

not even 1 moderator said something on this post are they even reading the problems of the costumer

Message 54 of 284 (3,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

lol...What are they gonna say....they deceived everyone and are laughing on the way to the bank. They know that this is an issue the same as it was in 2015. People are getting smarter and starting to expect this from EA now. I for one came close to purchasing this thinking they had to have learned from there mistakes but something for some reason made me want to inquire about it to make sure. You see the complaints and its not just here and there will be a lot of disappointed people that EA has half assed another Need For Speed with lack of controllers and no REAL free roam as claimed and then taken down and reworded just days before release....all to familiar !!! 2 Years they have had so there is no excuse for this. No one can tell me in there right mind that this would not be an issue...they just want to * the buyers for as much as they can. They are not even able to answer the simplest questions about the game honestly...like is the story mission pack only available to the deluxe package if so what is the use of the standard edition...no story ...no real free roam...lmao did they even think of any of this because they have a hard time answering for it.....ah not sure good question....will have to get back to you!!! Its incredible no one seams to know anything just days before full release. Just buy it we will fix/patch/update later...well get all that done then I will buy it....I work hard for my money!!  Sorry for the RANT I'm just fed up with this *!

Message 55 of 284 (2,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently they are following this topic, as I created a ticket and they asked to reply to this topic.

Reply from EA:
Ik raad u aan de volgende post in de gaten te houden voor updates over het racestuur: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Steering-wheel-compatibility/m-p/6249321#M217.
Het is zeker ook aan te raden daarop te posten want die post wordt nauwlettend in de gaten gehouden.

Message 56 of 284 (2,990 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like I said in the post above....this must be a big surprise to them as they have no answer for it...why would people complain about releasing a driving/racing with no steering wheel support....FACE PALM !

I'm sure someone will eventually try to explain this...lmao  Glad its not my job!

Message 57 of 284 (2,981 Views)

Can't find option to change to steering wheel

★★★ Novice
I have my wheel plugged in but I can't find the option to select wheel. Bought the logitec g29 with the shifter and everything for this game I just need some help setting it up!
Message 58 of 284 (2,519 Views)

★ Novice

Ya i pre-ordered the game but then i saw that need for speed payback does not support wheels I un pre-ordered

Message 59 of 284 (2,958 Views)

Re: Can't find option to change to steering wheel

★★★ Newbie

Sorry to disappoint. At the moment, there is no steering wheel support available for NFS Payback. I myself am waiting for this to get the game.

Instead, you can switch to other racing games to benefit your G29.

Message 60 of 284 (2,506 Views)