Steering wheel compatibility

by BJoeled

Original Post

Re: Will Need for Speed Payback have wheel support?

★ Apprentice

Most NFS games coming out on PC did not have wheel support on day 1, this is now why I always check here before buying it.

They did always add it though, weeks later after the forum is full of these threads.

You think they would learn...I was just going to get early access to try it for sure but it seems like it will not work.

Message 21 of 284 (7,896 Views)

Re: Steering wheel compatibility

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Console:  Xbox One X

Racing Wheel:  Logitech G920

Game:  Need for Speed Payback

Does the Logitech G920 racing steering wheel work in Need for Speed Payback on the Xbox One?

EA / Ghost Games -- Do a better job at documenting device support / managing customer expectations prior to launch so gamers can prepare their hardware for an enjoyable gaming experience!

Thank you!

Message 22 of 284 (7,539 Views)

Re: Steering wheel compatibility

★ Apprentice
Message 23 of 284 (7,530 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, I'm waiting the support confirmation for PC, if no support then I'll buy Forza or PC2

Message 24 of 284 (7,501 Views)

★ Apprentice

Got PC2 if that helps, it is good but hard...very sim. Nothing like this of course. was looking for something else fun.

Message 25 of 284 (7,484 Views)

Re: Need of Speed: Payback race wheels

★★ Apprentice

there is no wheel support,only see controller,no way to active wheel,they use the letter q to select in settings.

Message 26 of 284 (7,481 Views)

No steering wheel option?

★★ Novice

Logitech g920 steering wheel not working and only controller settings available  

Message 27 of 284 (7,174 Views)

★ Apprentice

Disappointing, I take it you've got EA Access? I'll keep an ear to the ground and if support is added later like it was last time, I'm in but chalk me down as another "No wheel= No buy" EA/Ghost. 

Message 28 of 284 (7,459 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just tried this game on PC (EA Access). Looks good, but no wheel support. For me the last NFS game with proper wheel feel was The Run...
Message 29 of 284 (7,450 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agreed on The Run, 2015's wheel support was serviceable enough though. 

Out of curiosity, does it even have a manual gearbox option? 

Message 30 of 284 (7,438 Views)