Steering wheel compatibility

by BJoeled

Original Post

Re: No steering wheel option?

★★★★ Novice
Hey everyone with thrustmaster t300s that have or want nfs payback, I went for it as £25 on psn in the uk and YES IT WORKS!!! Never played the series before and loving it... Remember it fun driving it ain’t a sim and that make it fun😀 hope this helps everyone with t300 wheels.
Message 251 of 284 (8,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you show me bcs i have a t300rs and i want toe buy the game, but only if it supports the wheel on ps4.

and i dont like to take a risk here

Message 252 of 284 (7,976 Views)

★★ Novice

Have a 'supported' logitech g29. I don't think there is any support on PC? I've tried every solution EA as well as the community has recommended so far.

Wheel is plugged in, and recognized in all other supported games. When I startup NFS payback, it asks to press enter key. Usually with an xbox gamepad you just press any button and it recognizes it. The game is unresponsive to any inputs from the steering wheel at all.

• Latest logitech gaming suite installed v8.96.88.

• Made sure that the g29 was the only installed device under 'game controllers' in windows. Made no difference. 
  • Tried repair game, made no difference.

• Switch is set to PS4 mode.
  • Reinstalled graphics drivers, G software, disabled and enabled origin ingame overlay. Did not change anything.

• Restarted OS. Did nothing.
  • Tried to make a profile in the G software, set as persistent and default as one answer recommended. Did nothing.
  • Closed Discord, teamviewer, And radeon relive/overlay in case they were causing an overlay or something conflicted.
  • Win 10 pro 64bit Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299, AMD RX vega 64, Ryzen 1700x, 16gb ram

Other games do not have these kinds of issues and just work immediately.

Message 253 of 284 (7,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe you need to switch the g29 to PS3 if you're using it on PC. Give that a shot.

Message 254 of 284 (7,707 Views)

★★★ Novice

I plugged in my Thrustmaster TS-PC yesterday and it was recognized by NFS Payback. I'm using it on a PC with triple monitors spanned via eyefinity. However, there are issues.

1. FFB is terrible and notchy. It's playable but something just doesn't feel right. 

2.  You can't adjust any settings or map any buttons at all. It's troubling to think that the latest iteration of NFS in this current era is so broken and incomplete that it has no direct input customization. It really isn't that hard, EA. You've done it before. This option is available even from games 10 years ago. And it was implemented fairly well in their previous iteration of NFS 2015 (dubbed 2016 for PC wheel compatibility).  NFS 2016 allowed you to map custom wheel inputs which means that any wheel recognized by your PC would be compatible and playable. There are even advanced options to tinker with such as steering wheel sensitivity and deadzones. 

Why not implement the same options in NFS Payback? 

And further, for the console guys, EA, why not add all wheels that are natively available in the respective consoles? 

If you do all the above, then you would have all of your loyal fans covered and happy. EA, you've done it before. You can do it again. 

Message 255 of 284 (7,700 Views)

Re: Will Need for Speed Payback have wheel support?

★★ Novice

I've used my G920 since dec.2017,so no.probs on my XBox One S.  

Hope u get it working,a complete diffferent experience!

Best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

chiron69

Message 256 of 284 (7,039 Views)

Re: Steering wheel compatibility

★★ Novice
Yes.
Message 257 of 284 (7,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a Thrustmaster T150 setup, and I agree it is frustrating not being able to remap buttons. On Need for Speed 2016 I remapped my nitrous to one of the paddles and my handbrake to my clutch (I just play NFS type games automatic instead of manual). The default handbrake setting on Payback, which I can't change, is the square button, being the furthest button in for my right thumb. How does that make sense when they could've at least mapped it to circle?

NFS 2016 also handled perfectly for me without changing my wheel setting from 900 degrees rotation. For Payback I had to lower it to the lowest setting, being 140 degrees before it felt playable.

That being said, I do like how it handles at 140 degrees and I enjoy using the wheel. I would just like to be able to remap the buttons and also have access to advanced wheel settings.

Message 258 of 284 (6,870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I recently bought a new computer and now NFS Payback will not recognize my T150 at all. I see others have had this problem, but there does not seem to be a solution yet. Hopefully there will be a fix in an upcoming update?

Message 259 of 284 (6,356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't hold your breath you will pass out from anger no there will be now thrustmaster support unless you use 3rd party software that is not great at FFB Wheel setups your fkd I believe is the right term and EA says thank you for your purchase. Sorry to be so blunt this is just the most ridiculous thing the game has been out for so long and non stop complaints of no STEERING WHEEL SUPPORT IN A RACING GAME and our request have gone with less than an answer not even a were sorry. I cant imaging why EA is having a hard time with their games and people to play them. EA you guys are a bunch of brainless hax that charge money for incomplete projects. I will no longer purchase EA games or Origin at that matter just because of this kind of * right here.

Message 260 of 284 (6,351 Views)