Re: No steering wheel option?

by LuckyAmsterdam

Original Post

Re: Steering wheel compatibility

★★★ Novice

I should have read through the manual before buying the game.  Without wheel support, the game is totally useless to me & many of us loyal NFS buyers.  I've bought every NFS game since they started making them & I had high hopes for Payback.  Not everyone has an Xbox controller & using the keyboard is a waste of time.  I quickly got a refund from EA, fortunately & I'll never buy another NFS game again.

Message 171 of 284 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree 100%.  I've bought every NFS game since they started coming out & I was really looking forward to this.  I'm just mad that I didn't bother to check on wheel support before I bought the game.  The good news is that EA gave me a refund right away.  I'll never buy another NFS game again.  EA and Ghost really messed this up & I hope the game sales tank.

Message 172 of 284 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought the game (which I shouldn't have done before trying it) and tried to play the opening screen.  Two things stood out:  one, no wheel support and 2, you can't exit the game without using the task manager if you don't get through the first 2 racing scenes.  NFS is more concerned about storylines now than the cars.  It's been that way since NFS 2015 and it's a shame.  They're trying to be line Grand Theft Auto.

Message 173 of 284 (1,605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello early buyers, I just know that we get some updates, so all Logitech and Trustmasters are supported, others too.

Guess Criterion is to buys on the Star Wars releases.

EA, can you give us a time, by next summer?

Message 174 of 284 (1,587 Views)

★ Apprentice
@banjohnny: you should watch the YouTube link on page 15 of this topic. It worked for me. Tells you exactly how to configure your wheel in x360ce.

Since I still have the game and just wanted to see if the emulator would work, I gave it a try. And what do you know. It actually does...well! So you can play the game with a wheel.

But EA still has their priorities mixed up, because there is no wheel support after yet another update. Only speeded up the career progression with more XP and better cards in shops. Unfortunately that doesn't remove the awkward feeling that upgrading your car feels like a "magic the gathering" game.
Message 175 of 284 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

"you should watch the YouTube link on page 15 of this topic"

Is this video?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSJWzSHf3o

I have made this video. Standard smile

By the way I also hope  that EA will upgrade the NFS payback controller list.

Message 176 of 284 (1,440 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bravo EA for taking out a driving game without compatibility with steering wheels and in fact for what I have seen does not figure in his priorities. In the forum itself only that they are taking into account the comments but has not sent a clear answer about the matter

Message 177 of 284 (1,799 Views)

★ Apprentice

WOW! A 5 GB update and still no wheel support! Thanks a lot EA...

Message 178 of 284 (1,745 Views)

★★★ Novice

=: ((  I am crying.

Message 179 of 284 (1,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA 

Is it really too mutch to ask? Give us answers about steering wheel support ffs.

Message 180 of 284 (1,704 Views)