Re: Steering + Camera Pan on Controller

by IRaspberryI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steering + Camera Pan on Controller

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have been trying to use my Steelseries Stratus XL controller on this game.

However, when trying to steer the car, the camera also pans according to the steering, so if I turn right I see the car from the right and if I turn left then I see the car from the left side. 

I have tried disabling the right joystick (the one which is supposed to do the actual camera angles changes) and is still happening. This does not happen with a keyboard and controller works perfectly fine on NFS Payback.

Another issue is the brake is always pressed and had to solve it by applying a trigger deadzone of 30% on the brake button.

Anyone encounterd a similar issue or has any idea how this can be solved?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (4,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

I found a way around this. try switching off steam and restart the game. I think steam was using some settings on my controller. anyway, once i switched that off it worked perfectly

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (4,729 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with the steering.. it also pans the camera which makes it unplayable. I'm using a MSI Force GC30.

Message 2 of 7 (4,735 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I found a way around this. try switching off steam and restart the game. I think steam was using some settings on my controller. anyway, once i switched that off it worked perfectly

Message 3 of 7 (4,730 Views)

★★ Novice
@F_U_C4MP3R Looks like this worked, which is a bit strange since I am not using the controller on anything that I have on Steam and I believe I also had it disabled because it was causing some issues in FIFA 20. Thanks bro. Cheers.
Message 4 of 7 (4,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

glad it worked for you too Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (4,721 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

still doesnt work if i dont hold anything camerca gets stuck looking back

Message 6 of 7 (4,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i disabled steam xbox emulation (not the right word) for xbox controllers - this fixed it. As I could not cancel out of steam as it kept re popping back up

Message 7 of 7 (1,407 Views)