Re: Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multi

by ScoobKit

Original Post

Re: Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multi

★★ Novice

Unable to upload the dump files Frown 

Message 11 of 17 (348 Views)

CRASH TO DESKTOP: clicking "social" button, and also in dog fights...

★★ Apprentice

Crashes to desktop when I click the "Social" button in the top left corner in the Main Menu.  No error or nothing.  Game ran great doing the single player.

But now it crashes 1-2 minutes into a multiplayer game, usually when I destroy an enemy ship.  The explosion seems to crash the game... even when not visible.  Tried all types of graphics settings.  Have all updated drivers, ect.

The Social button crash is the only sure way to repeat the crash, as it happens instantly.

Message 12 of 17 (326 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@cataclyps Having same problem!! I have no orgin software installed, also.

Are you also getting crashes randomly in multiplayer dog fights? Aside from clicking the button, I also randomly crash around 2-3 minutes into a multiplayer game. Even if its not real players and just Ai.... very frustrating...
Message 13 of 17 (325 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, @ScoobKit  @cataclyps @Darrduck @ZorisX @ZarkHimself make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 14 of 17 (250 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic This did not work. I've tried literally everything everyone has suggested. I crash to desktop when someone kills me. I crash to desktop when I kill someone. I crash to desktop when I try to type in chat. I crash to desktop when I click the "social" button in the main menu.....
Message 15 of 17 (231 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic also... 1.2 patch. Still STILL crashing when I....

1. Get killed in Fleet battles Ai or online
2. Kill someone in Fleet battles Ai or online
3. Type in chat
4. Click the "social" button in the main menu....
Message 16 of 17 (212 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this will help in this situation, but if you have Resolution scaling at anything other than 100%, try to set your game to Full Screen and set Resolution Scaling to exactly 100% (in case you've changed it before) in the game and see if that helps. I've found that the game crashes in various situations if this was set to anything below or above 100%.

Message 17 of 17 (516 Views)