Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multiplay

by cataclyps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multiplay

★★ Novice

As the title suggests, whenever I try to access multiplayer on the steam Version, the game has a silent crash. This occurs when the match launches. 

Same thing happens if I try to access the social menu.

On the origin version, I don't have these same issues. 

Please help! Standard smile 

Message 1 of 17 (605 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multi

★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this will help in this situation, but if you have Resolution scaling at anything other than 100%, try to set your game to Full Screen and set Resolution Scaling to exactly 100% (in case you've changed it before) in the game and see if that helps. I've found that the game crashes in various situations if this was set to anything below or above 100%.

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (516 Views)

All Replies

Squadrons Random Game Crashes

★★★ Newbie

Game randomly crashes after starting play in single player missions. Made it half way through the first mission and it crashed to the desktop, restarted the game, made it to the second mission and it crashed again to the desktop. This was purchased via Steam. Have not tried other game play mode yet.

Rig setup is:

ASUS ROG STRIX H370-F

I5 9400-F 3.9Ghz

16GB DDR4 1200Mhz

1TB SDD Game Drive

PNY GeForce RTX 2060 6GB DDR6 XLR8 OC

Windows 10 Pro Build 19041

Message 2 of 17 (522 Views)

Re: Steam Version: game crashes without report when accessing social menu/ multi

★ Novice

Not sure if this will fix your problem but I had a similar issue today when signing in to Origin outside of the client to add a friend who had bought the game through there. I discovered the cause was Origin still being open while I tried to launch multiplayer through Steam. Something about the way Steam accounts connect to EA accounts matchmaking really didn't like, so I would crash every time until I closed down Origin. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 17 (571 Views)

Re: Squadrons Random Game Crashes

★★★ Novice

Same for me but my monitors will go out and I wont be able to see desktop.

Message 4 of 17 (481 Views)

★★ Novice
@ZarkHimself I will have to give that a shot. I will report back with the results. Hopefully it helps.
Message 5 of 17 (555 Views)

★★ Novice
@ZarkHimself Thanks! Unfortunately, this did not work. Even after ensuring there was no origin open and validating in task manager that all background processes for origin were off, it still doesn't work. Frown Thank you though, I do appreciate the tip!
Message 6 of 17 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. Would love a viable fix. I am trying to uninstall and reinstall again. No error codes at all, just crash strait to desktop or freeze and have to force quit. 

Message 7 of 17 (547 Views)

★★ Novice
@Darrduck Yeah, no error codes. It even loads the lobby. But as soon as the match starts , bam. Cts, no error. Hopefully someone who has fixed this comes by soon. I attempted the reinstall and it did not work for me Frown
Message 8 of 17 (541 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a way to unlink my steam and origin account? I suspect the issue lies there due to a password change. 

Message 9 of 17 (514 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm going to upload a few mdmp files in a bit that may shed light. Looks like access violation. Could be the drive or ram. Ruling those out. 

Message 10 of 17 (507 Views)