Re: Steam - Missing Pre-Order Content

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Cant get pre order bonus SWS

★★★★★ Novice
@Esgaledel Yes on Steam and my Region is Oceania (Melb, Victoria, Australia)
Message 181 of 190 (1,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@chrustecand you just played and then got content? I mean, may be you do something else? Do you have origin? If yes, can you check, is there are Squadrons?

Message 182 of 190 (1,791 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 It looks like EA tricked me.
I bought the game with pre-order bonuses, but I didn't receive any pre-order content. In my country, it is called fraud. The fact that this problem is not listed in the Known Issues section only confirms the fact of fraud. I spent a lot of time and effort communicating with tech support, but it didn't help. There is no solution, no compensation. Of course, going to court about missing skins for spaceships is silly.
But I feel desperate.
I do not know what to do.
Yes, skins are a trifle, I have a game (and I like the game itself!). But the fact that EA deceived me is very frustrating.

Below same text in russian:

Похоже, что ЕА обманули меня.
Я купил игру, рассчитывая на бонусы предзаказа, но я не получил контент за предзаказ. В моей стране это называет мошейничество. Тот факт, что данной проблемы нет в разделе "известные проблемы", только подтверждает факт мошейничества. Я потратил кучу времени и сил на общение с техподдержкой, но это не помогло. Решения нет, компенчации нет. Конечно, обращаться в суд по поводу недостающих скинов на космические корабли - глупо.
Но я чувствую себя в отчаянии.
Я не знаю, что делать.
Да, скины это мелочь, у меня есть игра (и сама игра мне нравится!). Но тот факт, что ЕА наebaло меня, очень расстраивает.
Message 183 of 190 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Can confirm: 5 Minutes ago, was just unlocking components and editing my loadouts...Suddenly a message appeared "Thank you for preordering". Just the Rebel Helmet from the Preorder Content was availabe; one game restart later I had all preorder content available. Seems like a server-sided fix Standard smile

Message 184 of 190 (1,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, guys:

Personally, I received my pre-order items after completing the single player campaign.

And, they're quite cool.

Edit: Or perhaps the timing merely made it seem as if I received the items after finishing the campaign. Perhaps the Devs sorted the issue out, and I just happened to look in my cosmetics after finishing the story.

Either way, they're there now.

Message 185 of 190 (1,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After seeing a lot of people say they're getting their bonuses at different times, I decided to launch the game to see if I was one of the lucky few, and I just received my items today. Hopefully the rest of you will get yours without any more hassle.

Message 186 of 190 (1,649 Views)

★★ Novice

Logged in today to a message thanking for pre ordering and my items were in my inventory.

Message 187 of 190 (1,629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got my pre-order content today! 

Message 188 of 190 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Novice

my content just showed up too

Message 189 of 190 (1,600 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sticking with us during launch. We have now pushed out a fix for Steam users that experienced Error 918, and were missing pre-order content after that error code was resolved.

I've already seen confirmations from you that the pre-order content is now showing up. That's good news, and thanks again for letting us know. I hope you'll enjoy customizing your ships and pilots.

I'll now be closing this thread so if any new issues pop up, we can start a new discussion.

Message 190 of 190 (4,434 Views)