Re: Cant get pre order bonus SWS

by Sir_Pridey

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I would also like to point out that I don't think the problem is on Steam's end.  I have the pre-order DLC in my library, and it is installed.

https://i.imgur.com/wOm88EC.jpg 

So it's not like Steam didn't give it to me, they did.  The game just doesn't recognize it or unlock it, for some reason.

Message 31 of 190 (1,070 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 Hi Tom, I'm in exactly the same position as @ScorchRaserik.

Played the story mode while locked out of multiplayer thanks to error 918. Am on mission 5. 
Steam says the DLC is downloaded and installed but the unlocks are still locked behind "operation 2" as seen.

Picture6.png

Message 32 of 190 (1,042 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 I believe the bonuses are supposed to be available for players that pre-ordered at the beginning after the game launch, as three of the people from my Steam friend-list who pre-ordered had told me that they have their bonuses available IMMEDIATELY after they got into the game, they do not have any progress on the single player.

Message 33 of 190 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Straatford87 wrote:

Hey everyone,

You'll need to play for a bit in order to find your pre-order content in-game. Here's how:

• Complete the Prologue, and unlock all four ships for each faction in the Hangar to receive your items.
    • Find your Ship Skins in Hangar -> select ship -> Edit loadout.
    • Find Flight Suits via Main Menu -> Customization.

If you've reached this point and you still don't have your items, hit is up via EA Help if you've purchased via Origin, Microsoft or PlayStation. If you've purchased on Steam or Epic, please reach out to their support.

Some of you specifically mention Steam Error 918, and not receiving your pre-order content afterwards. I'll flag that, but I have no information right now if it's related.

@Straatford87 - Even after following your recommendation, I cannot customize any ships. It tried all 8 and I'm way past the Prologue in single player. However, I have not started multiplayer yet. Perhaps, that has something to do with it.

Is anyone out there able to customize?

BTW - Here is an example of what everyone is talking about regarding "Operation 2".

Operation 2.jpg

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 34 of 190 (1,024 Views)

no pre order bonus?

★★★★★ Newbie

So i preordered and installed squadrons a few weeks back, and now that it has come out i expected to get my pre order bonus, which i am yet to get. I’ve played the first 3 missions in the campaign and a few online games hoping this will change something, but it hasnt - i’ve uninstalled the actual pack and reinstalled it a few times. done the usual restarting xbox and this still hasn’t worked. Any advice?

Message 35 of 190 (812 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarthFDG @Hikidsneedmilk @BliskyButter @Sir_Pridey @ScorchRaserik 

As an update for you, we're now investigating why you're not getting your pre-order items. We'll post updates here as they become available.

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that Error Code 918 is resolved, and you've now been able to play! We're on it to make sure you'll be able to play with your pre-order skins, too.

Message 36 of 190 (1,008 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had Error Code 918 from 11pm Thursday until this morning.

Now I can get online but I have no pre order bonuses.

My Steam account is Kenjara.

Message 37 of 190 (1,003 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I can second this thing, showing up on Steam but not ingame. Also had Error 918 before, but that got resolved.

Message 38 of 190 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Straatford87 wrote:

@DarthFDG @Hikidsneedmilk @BliskyButter @Sir_Pridey @ScorchRaserik 

As an update for you, we're now investigating why you're not getting your pre-order items. We'll post updates here as they become available.

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that Error Code 918 is resolved, and you've now been able to play! We're on it to make sure you'll be able to play with your pre-order skins, too.

Thanks, @Straatford87 . To be clear - The pre-order items are there. (see the screenshot in my prior post for an example)  I just cannot apply them, as it seems to think I have not yet completed "Operation 2". I wonder if that is a multiplayer operation.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 39 of 190 (998 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DarthFDG Operation 2 is the next unlock season. We are currently on Operation 1. The Pre-order bonus gives us access early.
Message 40 of 190 (946 Views)