Steam name: itsnotkyra
First log in: 9:20pm PST 10/1/2020

Tried again today and it still wont let me into multiplayer

Message 682 of 877 (890 Views)

Re: Error Code 918

★★★ Newbie

Steam Username: Fenrir

First login attempt: ~9:30 PM PST (4:30 AM UTC) October 1, 2020

A buddy of mine in Texas (two hours ahead) was able to connect fine, and was prompted to sign into his EA/Origin account upon first launching the game. I did not receive this same prompt, and instead immediately received the 918 error code. I did reach out to support last night to confirm that I had no bans or restrictions on my account. I likely didn't receive the same sign-in prompt because my EA and Steam accounts were already linked, but in case it helps isolate the cause of the issue, I figured it might be worth sharing.

Additionally, I was expecting to be able to see Star Wars: Squadrons in my Origin launcher like similar EA titles purchased through Steam with a Steam watermark (Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order as an example in the attached screenshot) at the bottom of the game icon, but I do not see Squadrons listed there. I do not know if this was intentional, but may help in isolating the issue as well if my Origin account is not correctly detecting the game.

In regard to the troubleshooting steps that were mentioned earlier in this thread, I added TFA, changed my password, verified the integrity of game files through Steam, and I do not use a VPN on my network.

Looking forward to enjoying the online features and also being able to actually purchase cosmetics once the online functionality becomes available. The single player story is great so far!

Message 683 of 877 (870 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Dakion
3:30pm EDT

Thought it might be because son was playing on PS4, so logged him out and set up new EA account for him. So he's now logged in to different account and still having issue.
Message 684 of 877 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice

Steam: 0xt1

Login: 930ish PST

Had also purchased EA Play

No VPN

Message 685 of 877 (867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Steam Username: Scooty-Booty

Time opened: 10:20 PM MST on 10/01

Message 686 of 877 (863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Steam Name: Dooogel

I tried booting the game at 11:45 PM central time.

Message 687 of 877 (861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Steam Name: KyleAustin81

Logged in at approximately 9am Eastern Time.

Message 688 of 877 (838 Views)

Error: 918

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Steam: Sharde EA:TeaAndSashimi
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Error code 918, not able to access online features. Many others seem to have the same issue, am still able to play the single player it seems. I bought the game on Steam and ran it through there.
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. 1. Preordered the game on Steam months ago. 2. Installed the game around 5:30 pm EST, finished around 5:53 pm EST. 3. Launched the game, was the first thing I saw on my screen.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Upon opening the game.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.20 5:55pm EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Just gives me the error and sends me to the singleplayer instead.
What do you expect to see? The ability to queue up for multiplayer.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." none
What components were you using? None.
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None.

Some PC Specs - 

GPU: RTX 2070

CPU: i7-8700K

RAM: 16 GB

Link to my steam profile:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/shardeqc

Message 689 of 877 (702 Views)

★★ Novice

update for anyone interested i purchased a new copy from origin and can confirm i have access to online multiplayer i have since then requested a refund from steam *waves goodbye my preorder bonus* i would say i miss it but i never got a chance to use it 

Message 690 of 877 (793 Views)