Re: Stealth Tanks in WWII

by Markiebaby

Original Post

Stealth Tanks in WWII

★★ Apprentice

I just love how the tanks in BFV make almost no noise until they're right on you - is it very good grease on the tracks and excellent soundproofing of the engine, or do they have cloaking technology????

Message 1 of 12 (798 Views)

Most of the V1/JB2 rockets that get launched are near silent as well, I don't really get why there are so many audio issues with this game

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 12 (777 Views)

EA DICE Team

What @TTZ_Dipsy  @Markiebaby  audio setup are you using and settings? 

I heard both V1/JB2 really well and I can hear them a mile away. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 12 (754 Views)

@EA_Atic 

I've been trying to hone in on my favourite setup by sampling everything but usually tend to stick with 3D or Surround  (I have one of the newer Sony PS headsets) with War Tapes.

Firestorm has been fine for the rockets but I've been straight assassinated by a few silent bayonets.

I can hear them in CQ but only when I'm well outside of the blast zone; it's when they're directly above that I can't hear them

Message 4 of 12 (736 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the audio set to 3D headphones and I'm using a pair of HyperX Cloud II - I can hear the V1/JB2 really well, but yesterday I got squished by a half-track that I had no idea was anywhere around until I saw the killcam. Both tanks and half-tracks have big engines and lovely noisy tracks - you should be able to hear them from miles away....buuuutttttttt you can't.

Message 5 of 12 (717 Views)

EA DICE Team

Video examples would help a lot! Standard smile @Markiebaby  @TTZ_Dipsy  

/Atic 

Message 6 of 12 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]

I indiscriminately deleted over 40gigs of BFV screenshots and video so I could download Hardline for an event and see I no longer have any relevant proof to show you Frown
I don't mind the bayonets, it's just randomly getting exploded that irks me. I actually just played a round of Firestorm where over 8 rockets were launched and they could all be heard so I don't know what's going on.

Edit: I managed to get another example of the bayonet - https://youtu.be/h3Jxk7Cufm0 . Their soldier kind of says something as they charge but it was quite faint and there were no footsteps or BF1 style RARRRGHH scream

Message 7 of 12 (688 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @TTZ_Dipsy  Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 12 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens to enemy footsteps, people sprint, bayonet in complete silence 

Message 9 of 12 (652 Views)

EA DICE Team

Do you have any video recording of it? @IDazzlerazzle  

It would help a lot. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 12 (638 Views)