Re: Stay in position bug

by TominasCZ

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA is there a way to remove poor positioning?

I get penalised for making intelligent runs that lead to a goal, if you watched these forward runs in real matches you would think they are smart but not in Fifa 19.

This is only one out of many poor positioning faults and my player's tactics is on free roam and I'm not even allowed to get out of a 2x2 metre radious without loosing match rating which is so annoying.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 18 (1,798 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Don't worry, they didn't fix it in FIFA 19 either. Still broken.

Message 12 of 18 (1,716 Views)

★ Novice

EA This has not been solved. I’m playing as a traditional CAM and when my team loses possession in any part of the pitch the arrow gets massive and points me to the direction of the left back and penalizes me until I get within ~3m of the LB as a CAM

Message 13 of 18 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem... I play as a CAM in offline career mode and the ai expects me to be in CAM position of a 4-4-1-1 formation whenever we are in possession, making runs into the penalty area etc. As soon as we lose possession it suddenly expects me to be a LM in a 4-4-2 formation with the former LM being in a LS position. It gives me the whole of a half second to get into this LM (or CAM if the situation is reversed) position before it takes a huge chunk out of my rating as an out of position/shape penalty. I couldn't really care less if this was in one-off games online or something but in offline career its having a serious impact since I can never get MOM, player of the month etc etc which is tied to achievements, even if i score and assist several times in the game. Its also a complete immersion breaker and joy-killer. 

Its really insane how this obvious bug is allowed to just stay in the game (read gameS) for all this time when its most likely caused by a few lines of code that have a frickin copy/paste typo in them. Off.pos=CAM; Def.pos=LM; change last to CAM=problem solved!

How about just getting one manager to stop rubbing their private parts with c-notes made from FUT micro transactions, have them pick up the phone and order one dev to make a code pass in this module and change the typo once and for all. Im baffled enough by how little attention this mode is getting in terms of innovation and improvements year after year, the least you can do for your paying customers is to make sure that the 5+ year old (i hesitate to say junk) stuff thats there works as intended.

We love to buy and play your damn game, year after year because we love what works and have infinite (fools?) hope that next year it will be even better and the few things that are broken will be fixed. Yet, year after year we are let down and ignored. How long do you think this bug would stay unpatched if it had a negative impact on FUT micro transactions...?  

Message 14 of 18 (1,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

This continues to be the most annoying issue since FIFA18, and it's still present in FIFA 20. Either you provide us with option to disable it, or fix it. It's a game-breaking bug.

Message 15 of 18 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA obviously doesn't give a * about what we want unless we're willing to pay real money. I just started playing as a goalkeeper and this is my first time playing fifa ever. I played a goalie in college in real life and figured it'd be a ton of fun. I'm CONSTANTLY losing rating for being "out of position". If I hold down the auto position button its even worse. I get 20+ out of positions using the auto mode and when doing it manually I get 3-8. This is insane. Let us turn this * off. I'll block 10 goals, concede none and still have a rating of 5.5 or less all due to being "out of position". This is such a stupid mechanic and I've yet to see a single person say they like it, so WHY DOES IT EXIST STILL IF EVERYONE HATES IT?

Apparently this will never get fixed though, since when I googled it it's been happening for 3 years at least. Good to know EA isn't interested in new players playing their games because they make more money not fixing their mistakes and just letting people do microtransactions in every game they make for the ultimate teams.

Message 16 of 18 (933 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will this ever be fixed? It's been years. Let us turn this off please.

Message 17 of 18 (931 Views)

★★ Novice

Just had lb pressed in interim of throw-in and watched player jiggle like he was supposed to be in 5 places at once, in the space of a 1-2 tap who checked how a players position is supposed to be 1 metre either way? Defense tap pull back, atk tap, 2metres in front is now the proper position??!!!

Message 18 of 18 (758 Views)