Original Post

Stay in position bug

★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Black5heep
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a match, keep the LB button pressed at all times to auto position the player, or stay in position (occassional check via LB).
What happens when the bug occurs? The red arrow appears around the player and the "stay in position" warning is given, as well as the score is lowered by a significant amount.
What should be happening instead? The red arrow and the most annoying "stay in position" warning should not be given when the player is in the situations as described above.

1. When using LB to keep player in the position, the game suddenly makes some weird decisions that my player CAM should be deep in defense, and shows red arrow, and lowers the score by a significant amount.
2. When on the ball, and running from CAM position to LM/RM the game will show me red arrow, and lowers the score by a significant amount.
3. When in the penalty area, on the ball, taking a shot and missing or having the shot defended, the game will immediately show red arrow and lower the score with "stay in position" message.

The above are so annoying I can't stand them, they kill the whole experience.

Message 1 of 18 (11,064 Views)

Re: Stay in position bug

Community Manager (retired)

@Black5heep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll make sure to pass it along to the team to be looked into.

-Aido

Message 2 of 18 (10,991 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Message 3 of 18 (10,975 Views)

@Black5heep

No problem, thanks again for taking the time to post.

-Aido

Message 4 of 18 (10,952 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found many more cases when it happens.

1. I'm on the ball, and I get the red/orange arrow

2. I'm in the penalty area shooting and get the red/orange arrow

3. I'm in the penalty area, during the corner kick and I get the red/orange arrow.

4. I'm off the ball in the high midfield, holding the LB, and the orange/red arrow keeps showing, but while the player is moving, it's not moving in the direction the arrow is complaining about.

I suppose either the CAM is broken, or the whole positioning is flaky.

The most annoying one is when I'm on the ball, because it distracts from the game. It all happens in all difficulty modes except for the highest, as I didn't play it yet.

Message 5 of 18 (10,895 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same Issue and i play in RB Position. Also for some reason the manager keeps making play in an attacking position towards the end of the 90mins and all of extra time during cup games the only position that does not seem to get the message if you are a goalkeeper.

Message 6 of 18 (10,859 Views)

Cheers for the additional info folks!

-Aido

Message 7 of 18 (10,853 Views)

★ Apprentice
Is there a planned release date for the fixes ?
Message 8 of 18 (10,789 Views)

★ Apprentice
Is there a planned release date for the fixes ?
Message 9 of 18 (10,699 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is currently the most annoying bug in the game, causing major frustration during gameplay. I'm sure you realize that dismissing the problem in Fifa 18 and/or providing a fix in Fifa 19 is not acceptable solution, so I would expect you to treat your customers with a bit of respect and fix the damn annoying bugs.

Message 10 of 18 (10,575 Views)