Status of One Time Password?

by ThePapaBearKing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Status of One Time Password?

★★★ Newbie

I know the likelihood of this being fixed as it's been an on going issue since 2011. But was curious if there is any official word on either stopping one time passwords or fixing the delay? I have been wanting to play this game for years but the delay in receiving one time passwords has prevented me from doing so. 

Issue (think most people have this based on the number of complaints):

Login, boom it wants to send a OTP. Wait, wait, wait, finally get it, but by then I'm playing something else.

Can't do the phone app due to security concerns and constant app updates, and can't disable the need for OTP? Not that I have been able to find.

I'm not looking for the generic response, well did you edit your email filters, blah blah, get the app, blah... Just a simple yes they are planning on removing the OTP and fixing the delays. Or no, there is no official update on this nearly decade long problem. 

(What about a refund? I bought the pre-order and was only willing to play 6 months before the OTP/app stuff started and got tired of that quick)... Haven't jumped back in as it's apparently still a problem (I check once a year).

Message 1 of 2 (394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Status of One Time Password?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey there! I think on the topic of removing OTPs, I doubt that BioWare/EA has plans on removing this, as it adds a good layer of security should someone find out your login credentials, and there is currently no way to disable OTPs short of using the Security Key app as a replacement. The Security Key app also doesn't get many updates (I don't think I've received an app update for it since I started using it), but codes expire after about 30 seconds, to which you'll need to open the app again and see what code is generated at that time. On the topic of getting refunds, that's something you'll have to contact support on to see what's possible. Hope this helps a bit!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)

All Replies

Re: Status of One Time Password?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey there! I think on the topic of removing OTPs, I doubt that BioWare/EA has plans on removing this, as it adds a good layer of security should someone find out your login credentials, and there is currently no way to disable OTPs short of using the Security Key app as a replacement. The Security Key app also doesn't get many updates (I don't think I've received an app update for it since I started using it), but codes expire after about 30 seconds, to which you'll need to open the app again and see what code is generated at that time. On the topic of getting refunds, that's something you'll have to contact support on to see what's possible. Hope this helps a bit!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (297 Views)