Static "filtered"/distorted sounds - Battlefront II

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
PlatformPC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug: Sound is broken after starting the game
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Spartakus_PSP
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 12.03.2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All time
In what game mode did the bug occur? All gamemodes, even main menu
What is your time zone? GMT+1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just launch the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything sounds like it was mixed with static sounds
What do you expect to see? Normal sound
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1070 Max Q

Happens both on computer's speakers and two different headsets.

Before yesterday it happened sometimes after accepting a call on Facebook Messenger (using Chrome) while in-game, now (after plugging a DS4 controller) it happens even after launching (see the video below)

Youtube video showing the issue 

What I've tried to do and didn't work:

• reinstalling the game
  • updating Nvidia drivers
  • turning on and off my speakers (and headphones, two different sets)
  • changing the type of sound (stereo / surround) - both in game and in Windows 10 settings

EDIT: The problem ultimately stoppped happening on its own (one day the game just launched without the issue)
A temporary "fix" that worked for me was to connect a DualShock 4 controller to my computer, but unfortunately I do not know what exactly caused my problem...

EDIT 2: For some folks the solution was to disable audio echancements (thanks @metrostarscream )

For others the following fix works, quote (from @PIzEndMe ):
"Solution that worked for me was to go to the speaker properties for my headset and change the format to 16bit, 192000Hz, anything above and the static returns. I hope this can help anyone new to the game."

Message 1 of 12 (5,452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Static "filtered"/distorted sounds - Battlefront II

★★★ Newbie

I disabled audio enhancements and my audio started working correctly.

The game was open already when i did this.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (4,600 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @spartakuspsp,

That's an odd one for sure, have you tried updating your Audio drivers yet? Might be worth giving the Repair option a try as well by right clicking the game inside Origin and selecting Repair.
EACade
Message 2 of 12 (5,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Audio drivers are already up to date, tried the Repair option and it didn't work.

After more fiddling with it I found out that:

• The audio works normally if I connect a DS4 controller through a cable. I can even listen to the audio not-through the controller if I change audio output to my speakers/extra headphones.
  • Despite all of this, after quitting the game, unplugging the controller or disconnecting it through "bluetooth and other devices" and starting the game, the problem still occurs.
  • Disconnecting the controller while in-game also causes the sound to become broken again, reconnecting it doesn't help: sound comes back only after restart.
Message 3 of 12 (5,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, the game sounds like it's coming through a radio just like how it sounded in the video. My audio drivers are also up to date and I've seen a few old posts that seem to describe the same issue. The repair function also didn't fix my issue.

Message 4 of 12 (5,328 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im having the Same issue ive done everything to try and fix it but nothing has fixed it. None of my friends have the issue its just me.

Message 5 of 12 (5,276 Views)

★★ Novice
@spartakuspsp Have you tried disabling audio enhancements under your audio device settings in control panel. You'll need to go into the old windows 7 control panel to do that. Plugging in your ps4 controller might be disabling them.
Message 6 of 12 (5,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having the identical problem to the OP. Is there a fix for this? I just got the game today and it's presently unplayable.

Message 7 of 12 (4,746 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade Is there a fix for this issue, I just started getting this issue on my game yesterday.
Message 8 of 12 (4,350 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ZechsRaines I agree.
Message 9 of 12 (4,349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@spartakuspsp

Solution that worked for me was to go to the speaker properties for my headset and change the format to 16bit, 192000Hz, anything above and the static returns. I hope this can help anyone new to the game.
Message 10 of 12 (4,035 Views)