Starwars battlefront cant find multiplayer games

by Meowpus92

Original Post

Re: Starwars battlefront cant find multiplayer games

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought Battlefront for PC but could not find a single game online.

Running Windows 10.

I went into Windows firewall (through control panel) and went in to allow all access (public and private) for Battle front through the firewall. Previously it only allowed one ( can't remember which)

this seems to have solved the issue for me. 

Now I can usually find a game to join. Usually a couple of tries at different areas, but generally been able to play online since. 

I hope this might help others. 

Message 31 of 46 (879 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm playing from Chicago. I have only been able to play 3 types of games. Walker, Turning Point and Squadron and thats after waiting 10-15 minutes to join a game. Why would you not include a server browser. They have only been a standard for 20+ yrs. This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen and EA has done quite a few of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Just another FU to the customers from EA.

Message 32 of 46 (874 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello all,

@EXTATIK902 had posted an idea that you may want to try out since it improved his gameplay. Other than that I´ve been trying out all setting with the new Region filter as well now and Especially in NA and EU I had good results. Then again, it heavily depends on the time when you´re playing as well as the actual game mode. I agree that a server browser would make things easier and it is also one of the things I provide feedback on to the developers. However, if this will be a thing that´s going to be implemented is a question I cannot answer. The Region filter however is a step into the right direction in my opinion.

Another step I would def. give a try is port forwarding for Battlefront.  

- General steps to improve connectivity

- Opening online ports for Battlefront

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Klicke hier um herauszufinden wie du ein Hero oder Champion werden kannst
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 33 of 46 (862 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't been able to play a single game since the jakku expansion came out.

Has EA not noticed this expansion broke their multiplayer game?

Message 34 of 46 (848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We shouldn't have to do any of this to get this game to work.

Message 35 of 46 (837 Views)

★ Novice

Having to rely on randomly being assigned a game server hopefully based on your selected region is both small minded and idiotic. You need the ability to see what servers and what game times are available. People want to play certain game types with their friends. If this was visible, it would simplify joining a game and allow alot more people to enter the servers.

Listen to the people.! But hey we only spent money on the game, you are happy. 

We do not want much:

1. A server selection interface showing visible servers and match types to at least allow us to see what servers have people in them and  choose.

2. Some sort of HAX filter to allow the few people who are lucky enough to join a server not rage quit due to the player with the magic jet pack nerfing them from all over the map with K/D's of > 100 to 1

Message 36 of 46 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, I searched for 2 hours for a game and couldn't find one.

Is there a solutions if not can I get a refund?

Message 37 of 46 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

USA West Coast, no games are available. I've tried multiple regions, multiple times of day, port forwarding, and firewall. Haven't played a SINGLE game. Disappointment for sure.

Message 38 of 46 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same now on the West Coast of the US.  PC version multiplayer is terrible, no one is online so no games can start.  I sat in a lobby for 30 min today.  On my PS4 I have no issues finding a game in less than 3 min, on PC, never.  Considering this is a primary multiplayer game, if no games have the min number of players to start, we can never play a game we spent cash on.  It's BS.

Message 39 of 46 (808 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is what killed Titanfall. I guess it's cost effective since EA doesn't have to support servers if no one is playing because their system is *. Server browser and the ability to host your own servers are the only thing that will save this game.

Message 40 of 46 (789 Views)