Re: Starwars battlefront cant find multiplayer games

by DrBucci

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys,

I understand that you´re angry about the matchmaking situation on PC because if I sat in a lobby for 30 minutes without being able to join a game I´d be unhappy, too. For me both region filter variations, Noth America and Europe) currently work fine and have improved my matchmaking when playing late at night. Hence it is difficult for me to say what causes the long wait for every individual player. I posted my troubleshooting suggestions around the topic earlier in this thread. However, we (the AHQ Mods) will continue to collect your feedback and forward it to the according people and teams. If and how changes into the direction of a server browser, new squat system and so on may be implemented in future DLC's or patches I really can´t say since I do not have any information related to it.

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Klicke hier um herauszufinden wie du ein Hero oder Champion werden kannst
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 41 of 46 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Playing on Xbox one, same problem. Can't find multiplayer game. My kid says: your company is going to probably fail because of this. if you're reading this then take this into consideration.
Message 42 of 46 (998 Views)

★ Novice

I did the same but these are large multimillion dollar corporations who seem to be short on answer and very practiced in placating you whilst evading any real answers. People on the forum have said their fixes don't work and yet all you get is the corporate shuffle. We will give this to the appropriate people and get back to you, it works for me and the classic you matter to us. They have your money and you won't be getting it back and you will buy the next big thing from EA as will I and they know it.

Message 43 of 46 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

I got to play this game for just 1 year, and right when I unlocked the dark trooper skin which I've been saving up for a while, I started to not be able to find games. I mean, I do eventually get into a lobby, but it's completely empty.

I spent like $100 on this game and I can't play it anymore. If you can't fix the multiplayer, at least make the singleplayer worth the money!

Message 44 of 46 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

On one hand, I know I'm bumping an old thread. On another, EA still sells Battlefront Ultimate on their website. For $15 It's a great deal... assuming you can actually play.  The PS4 version appears to be still OK at finding standard matches, but on the PC I've been unable to find a 40 person match except for one (when I switched to Europe at around 9 PM EST).

Since Battlefront is still being sold, is it possible to combine regions to maximize the probability of finding a match?  Or maybe a status page somewhere so that I can find out what region I should try to find a match?

Message 45 of 46 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There is still (1/2/2019) a vibrant Battlefront PC community on the Europe server around 10 AM EST (3 PM UTC).

I grabbed Battlefront for PS4 last week, and matches are still plentiful, but when I purchased another copy for PC, I couldn't find anyone on the US servers.  However, consistently there are 40 person matches available for the PC on the Europe environment.

Anyway, even as a brand new player (I just reached rank 16) I am greatly enjoying Star Wars Battlefront, and I hope that EA considers using a pricing strategy to maintain if not grow this community. It would be great if there was a server status (to determine what servers have people to join in games). Right now it's a bit of a guessing game to figure out where the players are...

Message 46 of 46 (526 Views)