Re: Starwars battlefront 2 load times

by nahtanoj92

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Played for the first time in over a month. Uninstalled then reinstalled the game. Load times are still unacceptable if not worse. Came back to the forum hoping EA would have a solution. This game and the first Battlefront game are the only two games that load slowly. My Xbox, network, etc., is fine. WTF!!
Message 41 of 59 (4,808 Views)

★★ Novice
Mine is 50% full. I have full internet service as far as my Xbox tells me. It takes forever, which given ALMOST EVERY OTHER GAME I play NOT having this issue...
Message 42 of 59 (4,680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Your user.cfg worked like a charm. Thank you!

Message 43 of 59 (4,203 Views)

★★★★ Guide
is it related to DX12? i haven't tried again in DX11, but the loading time really too long from starting the game( game menu from starting), too long, what didnt' fix it upon 2019
Message 44 of 59 (4,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Every so often I get an email letting me know someone has posted on this thread.

£30 for at best 1 hour of "play" most of which was waiting around for maps to load. It then sat on my ps4 HD for about 8 months and then I deleted it.

Puts me off buying digital lol.

Message 45 of 59 (3,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No idea if this is still a help to someone, but here goes : For me , especially in DX12, loading times were extremely long even crashing the game all together at some point. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows; nothing seemed to work. I had the game installed on SSD, so that wasn't the problem either. I thought.
After reading an article about the fact that it IS actually recommended to defrag an SSD from time to time (instead of the normal 'trimming', something to do with meta-data) I tried it. And suddenly battlefront 2's loading times shortened considerably! and no more crashes! (also in DX12). Never thought that that could be the problem.

Message 46 of 59 (3,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game seriously sucks it takes forever to load and its very frustrating for sure 

Message 47 of 59 (3,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been sitting and waiting for almost 20 minutes watching the game load. I’ve tried closing it and reopening it. I just got this new Xbox, and Battlefront 2 doesn’t work. Fix it please

Message 48 of 59 (2,964 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Theamazingbagel, could you try to power cycle the Xbox and see if that helps.Standard smile 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn it on.

/Atic

Message 49 of 59 (2,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And the fix for slow PC loading is?

Seriously I have just got into PC gaming and BF2 is a horrendous experience. Origin failed on installation and then the game takes 3-4 minutes to get to the menu screen. The sound is often broken, and between maps it also take forever to load. Given this experience I will NEVER buy an EA game again... awful.

Just like others I have no problems with Steam games.

Message 50 of 59 (2,836 Views)