Re: Starwars battlefront 2 load times

by Xyndenar

Original Post

★★ Novice

i have a similar problem on my ps4 pro. The most of the times the game crashes/freezes when i quit from the online game to the main menu. The screen turns black  however the white circle loading symbol continue working. I wait 4-5 minutes then i close application and run the game again from ps4 games menu list.

Message 11 of 59 (13,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem.  Xbox one.  Takes several minutes to load the arcade mode - both solo and co-op.  Local and on-line.  After the game ends I’m stuck on the challenges page for several minutes as well.  Had the same problem with B1.  What is going on?

Message 12 of 59 (13,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the exact same problem except I'm on PS4.
Message 13 of 59 (13,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes it’s stupid it takes to long to get into a game or just to quit because your frustrated because it’s taking forever. Fix it!!!!
Message 14 of 59 (13,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too on PS4 takes about 5 minutes to actually get the game loaded then another 2 or 3 mintues to get a multiplayer match loaded, pathetic.

Message 15 of 59 (13,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello everybody,

-- My tip is for PC users only --

forget all the tipps about cleaning up PC etc. The problem is the engine itself.

I came across the same issue with I7-7700k and other high end components - especially after an arcade match, it took me long 3 minutes going back to menu...

So what happens in detail?

While in loading screen, the engine produces incredible 1000+ fps - now it's going to be weird, while in loading screen, CPU hits almost 100% - but hard drive has fair usage among 20% 

What you have to do is to limit the FPS for the whole game (this also works for Battlefield 1) 

In my case, I am using a 144 Hz monitor and limited the fps to 144 - and NOW only a few seconds loading time!

To limit the fps for Battlefront 2, I used MSI Afterburner with the Riva Stat. Server - but you could also use other tools, e.g. NVIDIA inspector.

Hope anyone can confirm my workaround.

May the force (and not the loading screen) be with you

Message 16 of 59 (13,521 Views)

★★★★ Pro

On XB1 and the load times are atrocious.  I understand when loading the multiplayer but forever to load arcade is just dumb.  I have all of the content locally, might need to communicate with EA servers momentarily to update progress, etc. but no reason for it to take so long to start any of the arcade content.  Coupled with the fact that I have to wait AGAIN after the match is over and AGAIN when I start another one is really frustrating.  REALLY aggravating when trying to play the arcade missions.  Two minutes (if you're lucky) of play interrupted by five minutes of waiting.  Any arcade content I play now has to be 250 team members just so I can feel like I'm getting the most out of my time.

Message 17 of 59 (13,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Maybe not 5 mins, more like 2-3, but it's still longer then it should be.
Message 18 of 59 (13,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree, the load times on this game make the gaming experience unenjoyable. I’ll stick to COD WWII.
Message 19 of 59 (13,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me it seems to help limiting the FPS in Game. You can do it by opening the Console with ~ key and type "gametime.maxvariablefps xxx". Replace xxx with the Number of Frames.You can also create a file called user.cfg with this command in it. Place it in the Gamedirectory where you installed the game and it loads every time you start the game.

It seems this helped me

Message 20 of 59 (13,103 Views)