Re: Start Wars Battlefront Xbox One freezes

by giantkille528

Original Post

Start Wars Battlefront Xbox One freezes

★★★ Newbie

I bought Star Wars Battlefront on Xbox One when it came out and never got around to playing it.

Thought I'd give it a go now, and bought the Season Pass (because I was finding no matches)

However it freezes up within 1-10 minutes of playing.   The screen freezes and stays like that, I have to go to the Xbox home screen to quit it and restart.

Tried completely uninstalling it, and re-downloaded the whole thing.  

Tried putting it on the internal hard drive, an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive, and an external USB 3.0 Sold State Drive.

Seems to happen in both solo and multiplayer.

Does not happen with any other game.

Not sure what else to try.

Message 1 of 5 (1,677 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @nameispotato 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Can you try to Power cycle your console first? Can you also try to disconnect your console with the Internet temporary and try to run the single player game afterwards? Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried it all, gave up.  Just bought a PS4 Pro so will wait for Battlefront 2 and play it on PS4.

Message 3 of 5 (1,619 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @nameispotato 

Sorry to hear, those troubleshooting steps failed to resolve this for you. Should you consider playing the game on Xbox One, you can try to perform Factory Reset, prior to installing the game. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I have been playing this game with my son for over a year now. Battlefront II is a complete flop so we still play this because we enjoy it so much more. We play together on the same network (wired at 100 Gbs). We have never had an issue until this past week. If I get through and start a game, it will freeze up within a few seconds of the second game starting. Today it would freeze up just as I was connecting to the xbox live portion of the game where I can see all of my friends. Just as all of my friends from xbox are done loading on the menu screen I will get the freeze. I performed a hard restart, cleaned my disc, switched discs, reset my modem and router, and nothing will get me past the menu screen. I have no other issue with any other game. My son can still play and has no issues while I am continuing to get restarted after a freeze. What is going on?

Message 5 of 5 (955 Views)