by We_are_demons

Original Post

Starfighter Arcade Onslaught still broken, enemies stuck out of bounds

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Since the new (July 2018) patch enemy spawns in Starfighter Arcade have been changed and something broke the mode, at the beginning of the Onslaught most of the starfighters just fly in the straight line until they leave the playing zone, player cannot kill them if they go too far outside the zone. Few of them that stay and attack the player stop respawning after they are killed a few times. This leaves the mode unbeatable because there are no enemies remaining, I can't believe this has not been encountered during testing.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? killer9mm
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 7/4/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? EET (ART) - GMT + 2:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to Arcade mode 2. Select Starfighter onslaught on any map 3. Start the game
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see a large group of starfighters just flying in the straight line while not interacting with the player. Few of the enemies which stay and attack the player stop respawning after a couple of kills leaving the player alone on the map and mode becomes unbeatable.
What do you expect to see? I expect for enemies to remain in the battle and respawn normally like before. This is terrible currently
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

In the first image you can see starfighters flying in the straight line ignoring the player, in the second image you can see them leaving the play zone and the third image shows player alone on the map not being able to complete the game because there are no enemies to fight.

Message 1 of 38 (7,830 Views)

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught broken since the new patch, enemies stop spawni

★★★★ Apprentice
This happens to me too.
Message 2 of 38 (7,744 Views)

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught broken since the new patch, enemies stop spawni

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  In both Team Battle and Onslaught.  Also, the player screen timer is always at “00” but loads to the maps after about 5 seconds.

Message 3 of 38 (7,653 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Han_and_Ben @We_are_demons @navalhyperspace Thanks for the report! 

I have sent this on to the team to take a look at. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 38 (7,531 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm having the same problem as well.
Message 5 of 38 (7,503 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic This is still happening after todays (Elite Corps) update, Starfighter Onslaught matches in Arcade can't be completed because enemies just fly in the straight line until they disappear and then they stop spawning altogether, mode is completely broken right now and has been since the July patch. :/
Message 6 of 38 (7,340 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Ataashi Just a heads up, this bug was not fixed in Elite Corps update, and it is pretty serious bug since it makes a game mode unplayable. Any plans of fixing it? Standard smile
Message 7 of 38 (7,313 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the poke @We_are_demons

I'll update the team.

/Ataashi

Message 8 of 38 (7,303 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ant update on this issue? It's still happening here on XB1S. 

Message 9 of 38 (7,179 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have you heard anything about this yet? Is this still happening for other players? It's still happening for me. All arcade Starfighter modes. Starfighter team and Onslaught. In Solo and co-op. In Solo its only spawning one Starfighter, and if you don't kill it right away it flies of out of play and you cannot chase it down. No more will respawn until the one does which cannot happen as it is out of the combat zone where you cannot get to...
Message 10 of 38 (7,175 Views)