Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic got stuck at the loading screen

by Avorniel

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Was playing on EU Red Eclipse server, had to go AFK, came back & had been Logged out due to Inactivity.  No problem.

Tried logging back into server. 10 mins of spinning loading icon but no further progress.

Closed game client, restarted launcher, stuck on load screen, waited 5 minutes, closed & tried again.

Repeated this twice more.

Found UK CS telephone number, &  called up, told of 10 minute queue, I got disconnected after 3.

Called again, automated message told me 10 minute wait, then told me It couldn't assist & disconnected me.

Called a third time, went straight through to an actual human being, and was told they were having problems & he couldn't help me as he had no access to any information.  He advised tying to log into game in an hours time.  I asked what was the best way to get upto date information, Twitter, or the website & he unable to tell me as 'he didn't have access to any information'.

very poor CS & communication.

If i wanted to stare at Load screens i'd go back to playing The Elder Scrolls Online!

Message 21 of 50 (2,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Works for me now.

Message 22 of 50 (2,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also working for me now. Standard smile

Message 23 of 50 (2,517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

getting the spinning wheel while trying to get to my characters on the red eclipse

Message 24 of 50 (2,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

they started investigating it

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/661647487179096064

Message 25 of 50 (2,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ahoi ahoi dear people!!!!Standard smile

Oh my god thanks soo much for the feedbacks!!! i never ever would expect that sooo many people have the same issue as me, i thought that i was the only one and few more, but it seems to be a huge problem than :S

I installed the game than i deleted the bitraider folder and deactivated in in the launcher config file, im currently installing the whole thing again, but first i thought that its my laptops firewall and security, because im using a laptop from my job which belongs to our company, but i dont think that the issue would be with the firewall and security options.

I talked today with my sister and she installed the game on my home laptop and told me that the minimal download finished and game was ready to play, but when she hit play the game refused to run because of a missing file which was not donwloaded probably. So we wait now for the whole game to finish with the download and see whats will happen.
Oh by the way the repair tool was also not acitvated while the minimal download was done, plus when i had the full game downloaded on my other working laptop, i was also not able to repair the launcher because it was deactivated or grayed out, i felt like the game not donwloaded itself completly :S

Thanks again for the feedback and keep us up to date please. I do really hope that its a game error and not my security settings.

Have a nice day all!

Message 26 of 50 (2,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi again!

I will let know that i was able to login or not, because its just making me really angry that after i hit play button the loading screen got stuck,not talking about that i was not able even to choose the servers... but it was on the previous install.

Hope that on the new download without any bitraider my game will run, but its just really not funny that people got stuck at the loading screen, its just really freeze and do nothing.

Message 27 of 50 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

having the same problem!, get your sheat together EA!

Message 28 of 50 (2,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hiya!

Thanks for the help, ill give a try if my game will finish with the donwload and update

Message 29 of 50 (2,384 Views)

★★ Novice

Currently staring at the dreaded "Spinning Wheel" after the launcher. I've characters on a few different servers, but was playing happily on Red Eclipse earlier this evening, only for this to happen after taking a break for food.

Initially I thought it was my connection and went through the usual steps of resetting my router, checking my AV/Firewall exceptions, and flushing my DNS cache, but the issue persists.

Help us Bioware, you're our only hope.

P.S. Loving the expansion, just let me get back in to get my fix!

Message 30 of 50 (2,361 Views)