Re: Star Wars Squadrons crashes

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Squadrons crashes

★★★ Newbie

So I have bought Star Wars Squadrons and have only played a hour. Trying to load into my second mission in the campaign and the game crashes and shut downs with no error message or warning. Is there anyway to solve this or get a refund as its basically unplayable and I feel like I've just wasted my money and been scammed 

Message 1 of 8 (5,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @tuubalars make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (5,070 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
@MMC_The_Zohan I keep crashing in campaign, Fleet battles ranked, and unranked. Sometimes I can play a full match, but most the time it crashes for me oddly enough, which wasn't a problem at launch
Message 2 of 8 (5,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gaellius After 2 days of playing around with everything you can imagine I may have found a fix, not sure if its going to last forever but I can finally play the second mission. Go into your video settings and make it custom so you can change your settings. Then change " Volumetric Quality " to low. It may also work on medium or high but not tested. But set as low it allows my game to load up even faster and does not crash. Origin have had 2 days to respond to my ticket and still nothing. I hope this helps you and hopefully is a full time fix. take care.
Message 3 of 8 (5,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playing on a semi-ultra PC and troubleshooting the issue with googly eyes and for some the fix was to set the "Volumetric Quality" setting to minimum or so.. 

For me (with my semi-ultra PC), the play-time crashes donot seem to happen by relation to the volumetric quantity setting, but something else..

My experiences of crashes do not happen during the game-play, but during the transitions to the next scenes of the single-player campaign.

The crashes I experience makes the windows operating system inoperable (crtl-tab, ctrl-alt-delete or shift-ctrl-esc - the common escapes do nothin..) leaving me no options but to use the dark side force power: hard reboot.

I can continue the campaign from the previous save-point but still, its kind of a hard issue! 

Dunno if I could provide some stats for diagnosis or do I already, but for now even after the latest update (I think in steam it was called an Update 2.0), the problem persists and makes me cry!

Message 4 of 8 (5,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tuubalars also, I've had no similar troubles with the other modern games with ultra-settings :/
Message 5 of 8 (5,115 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @tuubalars make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 8 (5,071 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem in 2022 and your fix works perfectly!

UInreal that EA still havent fixed volumetric quality crashing the game since its launch.

Thanks pal! Thumbs up

Message 7 of 8 (3,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars Squadrons, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic

Message 8 of 8 (2,933 Views)