Star Wars Squadrons Won't Load

by das_spetsnaz

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Squadrons Won't Load

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I had the same issue.

I believe the problem is the EA Account pop-up box, which you cannot see due to the resolution, and cannot alt-tab to, as its part of the game.

I resolved it by changing the startup properties of the starwarssquardon executable, restricting the dpi so that i can actually see the EA pop-up (albeit small). I entered my EA details, and now it runs.

You can find the exe here (change the drive letter accordingly

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Squadrons

Right click on the file (starwarssquardon) and select properties, change to the compatability tab, and then click on "Change high DPI settings". I used "Program DPI" and "High DPI scaling overide". When i ran the programme again, it allowed the EA sign-in box to show. then you just enter your details, and away it goes. Note, it crashed my box first time, but i think that was the settings, which i reset back, and now it runs fine

Message 11 of 45 (3,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all updates before launch. The game ran great until the last patch update. That killed my game. I tried everything recommended. nothing works. I think my problem is related to the last update

Message 12 of 45 (3,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fully agree that this problem ocurred with the latest update. My game was running without any issues until last night when I went to run it for the 1st time in about 2 weeks due to Adulting Issues like work. LOL But, I just get the Failed to Load error once and then it tries to start itself again and gives the same error message. Screen Shot of error message

Message 13 of 45 (3,698 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too have the same problem, exact same splash screen, sometimes get the 10011 error but have all the connectivity to EAC, other games I play use it too.

it was working fine right before the update, my system more than meets the requirements...

i7 10700k

Msi z390 gaming edge wifi mobo

32GB Corsair dominator

Msi 3090 gaming x trio

nvme2 drives

fresh windows 10 install due to this

all drivers updated

Message 14 of 45 (3,663 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @Ev0LuTi0n455 

Can I ask you what is your anti-virus ?

Message 15 of 45 (3,660 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you're using webroot anti-virus uninstall it and the game will work. Short term solution of course but it fixed me right up.  Do not bother trying to allow squadrons in webroot. Doesn't work. Have to uninstall. See you in a galaxy far far away!

Message 16 of 45 (3,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Webroot is my anti-virus.

I have done a complete wipe & installed squadrons prior to installing webroot, following all guides online & still get the same message even without anti-virus installed.

I was previously running the game and the patch that came out is the culprit I believe, as I had webroot running when the game was running.

Message 17 of 45 (3,635 Views)

★ Guide

@Ev0LuTi0n455 

Please, trie to uninstall webroot completely and then launch the game

Message 18 of 45 (3,626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay,

Just tried complete wipe of webroot - game works...

That includes deleting the webroot folder...

So, previously game worked with webroot prior to patch

now it doesn't... seems like theres a bigger issue here than the anti virus.

Us as end users shouldn't have to do this...

Message 19 of 45 (3,622 Views)

★ Guide
Message 20 of 45 (3,617 Views)