Re: Star Wars Squadrons Won't Load

by GreatMYTHKEEPER

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Squadrons Won't Load

★ Apprentice

I'm guessing other people have had this problem but I haven't seen a post on it yet, so maybe some of y'all have a solution.

I can't get the game to load. Period. I launch the game, the the launcher pops up, the blue bar fully loads, then the launcher closes and Origin pops back up. I haven't even seen the main menu of the game. This has happened to me on both Steam and Origin (originally bought on Steam then refunded to try on Origin). Below are the following fixes that I have attempted.

1. Verified game files
  2. Re-installed Squadrons (about 3 times now) and Origins
  3. Updated drivers for Windows, GPU, CPU, motherboard, and DirectX
  4. Made expemtions for the launcher, game applications, and easy cheat on my anti-virus
  5. Running the launcher, the game app, and easy cheat as Admin
  6. Created a desktop shortcut and added "-windowed" to force the game to open in Windowed mode
  7. Selected both boxes in the "Change High DHI settings) option
  8. Turned my PC off and on again

The last time I contacted EA Support they more or less said they know it's a problem and to wait for a patch fix. If anyone has any other suggestions, I am all ears because right now I've basically spent $40 on a button that makes me mad. Below are the specs for my PC.

OS - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core

Motherboard - TUF Gaming B550N-Plus

GPU - nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super

RAM - 16GB

Message 1 of 45 (19,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

So after spending a few days reading forums like this i finally got my game up and running. Not sure if this will work for everyone but all i did was go into the anitcheat folder, run the anticheat program and repair anticheat... And now it runs reliably. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 44 of 45 (4,611 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
Update on my issue

I am about to open my 5th Support ticket with my game still not launching. My last two tickets had me clear Cache Data for Origins and my App Data, use CCleaner to uninstall Origin and Star Wars and then re-install them, fully updated Windows, made sure both Visual C++ and .Net Framework were updated, and confirmed my PC meets the specs to play the game.

@Straatford87 I really want to play this game but I am quickly approaching the point where I just want my money back.
Message 2 of 45 (19,786 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  Neither Epic nor EA were of any assistance (got the same non-answer from EA, too).  As the Force is obviously NOT with me, I'm likely to just get a refund -- and REMEMBER this experience the NEXT time I plan to buy a game from either entity...

Message 3 of 45 (19,710 Views)

★★ Novice

I have something similar - only it was working but now isn't...

filed a bug report - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-launch-game/m-p/9588526#M3827

Message 4 of 45 (19,687 Views)

★ Novice
@das_spetsnaz Same issue here. It only works for me if I launch quickly after restarting windows. Haven't had the time to troubleshoot what is conflicting with it yet though...
Message 5 of 45 (19,551 Views)

★ Apprentice
@rocd0llar At this point I've gotten a refund and bought it on ps4
Message 6 of 45 (19,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, Just bought, cant get it working...updated all drivers... Im abouit to ask for refund. 

Message 7 of 45 (19,519 Views)

★★ Novice

I, too, have gotten a refund.  Don't plan to repurchase it, though.

Message 8 of 45 (19,506 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine loads, screen goes black with a yellow box and some writing but its all cut off like its zoomed in so I actually can't read it. I actually blue screen looped because of this. Reinstalled windows and all drivers. Install this * game again and when I try and open it locks up again. Its acting like a 50$ virus from EA.

Message 9 of 45 (19,242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine loads but it takes absolutely ages since last patch. My system is new and in tip top shape, latest drivers etc. Only game that this happens, everything else is super butter fast. I have i9 10th gen, rtx2080 super card. Once game loads its fine, it just takes ages to get there. Can't figure out why. 

Message 10 of 45 (19,184 Views)