Re: Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes profile stolen and linked to another account

by hajator

Original Post

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes profile stolen and linked to another account

★★ Novice

Hello,

Two days ago my Google account was compromised. I noticed by receiving emails regarding deleting recovery email and phone of this account. Long story short, I recovered the Google account but the person that stole my account used the Google Play login to access my SWGOH profile, delink it from my original email address (that got hacked) and link it with their device/account. Since two days I have a new profile on SWGOH with no content. My account is being used by this hacker because I can see the profile on swgoh.gg database. They left my guild, changed the profile name. This person is from Romania and he left some traces on Google activity so I was able to log a case with Romanian Police for identity theft and online extortion but my current SWGOH Google Games login shows new account. I still have the playerID and Ally code of my old account, I also have some screenshots from the game showing this is my account, even some achievements on Google Games hub showing my activity since 2018. Yet, the live chat support on this page is less than stellar, I already submitted 5 cases and they all got closed with almost no explanation. I was sent to account recovery page (link old device-->link new device) which was completely useless as I do not have access to the new linked device. How do I go about proving this was my account, I used it for few years. Can this SWGOH profile be unlinked from all accounts it is curently bound to and linked back to my original gmail address?

Message 1 of 8 (2,226 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @hajator,

I see this was posted a while ago. Are you still having issues with a compromise? Were you able to link in with the support team? 

If not, please do these two steps to reach them. 

1. Send in a help ticket from your SWGOH Account. It's important to do this first. The help ticket from your account will send on information the advisors will need that can;t be sent through via a normal ticket. The steps on how to do that can be found here: How to contact support
  2. Send in a second help ticket after but through the Help website in order to connect with a chat advisor. To do this please use this workaround during our hours of operation (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday)

• What can we help you with: Origin
    • What platform are you playing on?: PC
    • Select topic: Manage my account
    • Select issue: Hacked account
    • Select contact option: Chat

When you connect with a chat advisor, share the case number from the first ticket you sent in through your game so they can pull the details sent on there. Then as you've your Player ID and Ally codes handy, share those too wehn asked. From there the advisor will take a look into how they can assist you with this. 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 8 (2,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Lanna,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, help.ea.com was unable to assist me with account recovery, they insisted on providing a proof of purchase from the game. Since I never paid for any ingame content (resources, characters, crystals, etc.) I was unable to provide such proof. Showing my Google Play profile, the rest of transactions, screenshots from my game profile, screenshots from within the game, showing my progress and proving my ownership of the account did not yield any result.  The sad end was I had to start from scratch, loosing my progress. This profilev(which I still have visibility to o swgoh.gg online database since I provided Ally Code and PlayerID in the past to create it) is active and the thief/scammer is using it. I even save the offline copy of the folder onto my hardrive the day the scam ocurred. When asked via a help.ea.com ticket, the agent said it was technically impossible to recover swgoh profile and transfer it onto my old Google Play account yet after few conversations one of the supervisors confirmed it was possible but they needed proof of purchase. 

I found the attitude of the support team pretty neglecting, to be honest. I understand there are rules and procedures and you cannot break them. Sometimes, though, a user makes a mistake (I suppose mine was not to enable MFA for Google) and but wants to continue using the service/playing the game. I was at a point in game where I actually thought of investing some money into it for content and, as you know, the resources/crystals vaults are mostly targeting spenders at endgame. Before this hapenned, my account was stolen and I had no choice but to start over from level 1. I even asked the team at help.ea.com to maybe only recover the first page (best ones) of my characters from the profile (since I still have an offline copy of my profile from swgoh.gg with the original name of TorroRosso) so then I could perhaps buy some vaults and try to catch up to my previous roster. The answer was negative, the only way to recover the stolen account is to provide proof of purchase. Game installation and content is free if you don't want to pay and this is what I did. The theft/compromise of my account led to me simply not being able to invest in the game and now it's pointless to do it when leveling up since it makes no difference in the end, including Hyperdrive Bundle. For instance, I spent 2 years gearing up my Bounty Hunter team, on my two last characters (Jedi Revan and Darth Revan which I leveled up this year only) I was already spending thousands of saved crystals with the intention to purchase some vaults for a Malak event. Yesterday I made a 100PLN (~$25) purchase of crystals and it made absolutely no impact on a level 35 profile! Especially frustrating was seeing level 85 characters on my server node who purchased hyperdrive bundles. It is useless for me to invest in this game at this level because I would have to spend hunderds of $$ to barely get to level 85 while spending hundreds of $$ on my original profile would be giving me characters like Mandalorian, Malak, General Anakin Skywalker, etc. which are staple endgame characters. 

You can review the history of my tickets on help.ea.com which shows the arduous process of explaining to every single person the same thing over and over again. Almost every time I was given different information hence the number of submitted tickets. 

Kind regards,

Piotr Hajek

Message 3 of 8 (2,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @hajator,

Okay, I can see a few case status for sure but all I can do is advise you here. I know you mentioned you didn't buy anything but on the off-chance there was one way back, you may still have the email receipts in your email inbox. Or a log of these would be in your purchase history through Google. I'd also advise re-securing your Google and Facebook logins by resetting your passwords, if you haven't done so already

Account security is important to us and when it comes to supporting you and making changes to your account we need to ensure the account owner is the person reaching out and making these requests. This is why we require valid proof of purchase. Our hands are tied in helping you with this until we receive that. Without you being able to supply that, we can't help you recover it I'm afraid.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 8 (2,000 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Lana,

I just got my new account that is a month old (the one I paid actual money for in the game) banned 'for repeated offenses'. So I started a new game and paid for it just to have it blocked. I learned my lesson about the quality of your services. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @hajator,

It's likely that due to the reports of a compromise the account was locked for it's protection until the account owner could get in touch and prove ownership. However, locks also occur for breaking the terms of service. If you think you have been banned in error then please send a forum message to CG_Lucifer'sDaddy to take a look into it for you and advise your further from there.

- EA_Lanna 

Message 6 of 8 (1,946 Views)

★★ Novice

Lana,

Can you explain me how exactly the team which deals with account suspensions came to conclusion a month old account made repeatable offenses? And what were those offenses since the only person that used it was me?

You do realize how useless your posts are? First the team couldn't help me with my original account and now you have banned a new account for no reason. No explanation, no email, nothing, just ban the account. Your eagerness to autoreply some phrases is utter nonsense. You've successfully cured me from paying EA a single cent in the future because it seems you didn't even bother to check the previous conversations. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,934 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @hajator,

I wouldn't have that kind of visibility. You would need to link in with the team that handles bans for those types of queries. For SWGOH, that contact would be CG_Lucifer'sDaddy so feel free to hit him up.

Apologies if you find these posts unhelpful. My aim here is to share what advise I can to get you through to the right team for more assistance with these issues. We're limited in the support we can offer from the forums.

I'll lock this thread here as it's not of use to you.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna

Message 8 of 8 (1,931 Views)