Star Wars Battlefront Sound Static/Crackling

by JakerJones

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront Sound Static/Crackling

★★ Novice

Many times during longer play sessions, the game audio will start to make a static/crackling sound. Have not had full out no sound at all, just the crackling sound during play and when the game starts up at the main menu. Is there a fix for this?

Message 1 of 18 (11,363 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sound Static/Crackling

Community Manager

@JakerJones

If you are connecting to your display with an HDMI cable then be sure you have the audio driver component installed when you run the video driver setup.

You will probably need to choose custom or advanced setup to do this when you run the video driver setup.

barry.png
Message 2 of 18 (11,345 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for replying so quickly, really good help! Though I am not a computer wizard, so how would I make sure that the audio component is installed and the video driver as well?

Message 3 of 18 (11,329 Views)

Community Manager

@JakerJones

So, if you are an nvidia user you run the driver setup and choose Custom(Advanced) and then select the HD Audio driver and also select Perform a clean installation. For AMD the process is quite similar.

Capture.JPG

barry.png
Message 4 of 18 (11,319 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue. The proposed fix above does not work for me. Also, I'm using a USB driven headset, so I don't see this being the issue. After all, I'm not using the speakers in the monitor, and by extension not using  the HDMI interface for sound.

Message 5 of 18 (11,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Happens when using speakers and also with headphones. No problems with other applications. I'm using an Asus Xonar DGX -soundcard, running on Windows 10.

Message 6 of 18 (11,306 Views)

★★ Novice

So I tried that, but it did not work. There was crackling even before I got into a match. Is there going to be any patch that is going to address this issue, or any other ways to fix this issue?

-Thanks!

Message 7 of 18 (11,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With the patch 1.0.3 i have now big problem with sound all time ...

Before i never got it ...

Can you update and fix the sound fast please

Message 8 of 18 (11,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

i have this occasional static distortion. it occured the first time i played the game, the only way to fix sound is to exit battlefront completely and restart it. sometimes it occurs on starting game other times only after you have played a few games. the sound bit rate is irrelevant - changing it to any setting may only reset the sound hardware perhaps thus fixing the problem temporarily. i get the strange feeling all sound is being streamed - and this is going wrong which is where the sound problems set in. on the off chance this is whats happening how about installing the sound files to hdd like every other game does? if this is what already happens then i have no idea why its randomly adding static to the sounds including music. 

the issue occurs most frequently for me when starting a new map; you go from the join game/ customise screen to the scene just before the game start and if its going to happen you first hear the music change.

Message 9 of 18 (11,271 Views)

Community Manager

@yodajedifishmstr@JakerJones@SGT_MAKINTOSH@OliverTheOpossum@GibStorm

Can you try reducing the sample rate from 48Khz to 44.1Khz. This has been reported as helping here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefront-Audio-Stuttering-issue/m-p/4854588#M335

Additionally, if you have the option to increase your audio driver latency that could help.

barry.png
Message 10 of 18 (11,250 Views)